SN2 vs SN3

Review of SN3 is now out (digital) on hifiplus .com

It doesnt work for me :frowning:

Link goes to a NDX2 not to a SN3ā€¦

1 Like

You need to purchase the digital copy. 3.99usd. Add it to cart and youā€™ll see itā€™s the SN3 issue.

Thanks for the info, but Iā€™m not that interested to pay $3.99 for a SN3 review. Usually enough feedback on forums and other sites and then sit in on demo at some point at the local Naim dealer will suffice over time. No rushā€¦

1 Like

Well, itā€™s a 125 pages mag about HIFI that cost less than a Mc Donalds meal. There is NO information on SN3 till date more than some crappy short comments worth nothing. But everyone has their owns priorities in life. Ive just read 5 pages on the new SN3 and the wonderful looking Kuzma turntable. Happy friday!

1 Like

I donā€™t plan to buy a SN3 but still to me was worth paying for the magazine.

2 Likes

Have an SN3 and NDX2 running for about a week now with Dynaudio special 40sā€¦ up and down but for the most part pretty amazingā€¦ really starting to open up after run in. Bought a couple of ex demo powerlines, was sceptical but added more bass for sure. Impressed so far. Only problem is my clearaudio concept MM sounds good playing vinyl, but the NDX2 is soooo good that Iā€™m playing digital music (qobuz/roon) 95% of the timeā€¦ another concern was the 80W not being enoughā€¦(previously had Roksan Blak intergrated 150W) but my god it gets loud. It appears the SN3 has a very good preamp. Although would be interesting to compare to 282 or 252ā€¦ for a 2 box system am becoming more and more impressed. XPSDR is next on the agenda I reckonā€¦

I heard the SN2 last year (albeit with different speakers), the SN3 definitely appears more powerful, spacious and clearā€¦ how much is the NDX2 how much is SN3 - again not sure. But they seem very well matched thus far, maybe people with higher end equipment may disagree?

3 Likes

Hey, Iā€™m glad you enjoy the HiFi magazine and the articles they publish.

A couple of magazines that I have annual subscriptions for are Sun Magazine (short stories, poetry) and Lenswork Publishing (photography). I can appreciate that we all spend money on things that are important to us.

I am not planning to upgrade from my SN2 to the SN3 at this point in time and can wait for the information to hit the forums and other review sites as time goes on.

Iā€™ll skip the happy meal but will spend the $3.99 on a small cup of coffee and a donut! :wink:

7 Likes

Looks like a great magazine, what was the conclusion on the SN3?

Give me 4 bucks and Iā€™ll tell you :grinning:

4 Likes

I might splash out, itā€™s a wet cold day here.

The risk is $4 becomes $4,000!

1 Like

For that much, Iā€™ll include delivery.

2 Likes

Thats the spirit, personal hand delivery, just like the good old daysā€¦:wink:

1 Like

Well, it would be a good excuse for a holiday.

1 Like

Gary that feedback is very interesting given your history with older Naim gear.

Recognizing that no amp is likely to ever surpass the Nait 2 for musicality(!!), how would you compare it to the SN3?

I didnā€™t get the expression that the reviewer was overwhelmed with the SN3. It felt a bit ā€œI need to write something good now because they bought addsā€. I have the SN1 today paired with Harbeth SHL5 Plus and am thinking of if going with a SN2 which has dropped in price now or jump to the SN3. Iā€™m actually 95% satisfied with the SN1 but often read about people saying the SN2 is a huge step forward. Iā€™ll have to wait a bit more then. I donā€™t have the possibility to listen to Naim amps where I live otherwise this of course would have been the first option.

The SN3 is audibly superior to the Sn2 in a nutshell.

Important reasons why are disclosed in the article but youā€™ll have to pay for it !

1 Like

Funny because in a What Hi fi? review recently they refer to the NAIT XS3 as a ā€˜gentle upgradeā€™ over the 2 and is not worth really swapping for, unless one wants to introduce a turntable. Perhaps itā€™s a different story with Supernait?

Itā€™s bound to sound better I would think, but by how much, is the real question.