SN3 Paint Quality

Thank You for the reply!

Did you get your unit exchanged?

Thank You for the reply!

I almost always open boxes of electronic equipment with clean hands as well :smile:. The marks on the outer boxes are left by sanitizers.

If you have Grade B units it would be explicit - and your dealer should have detailed this as a major conversation point. This all looks New kit to me and, I assume, all came wrapped in plastic bags within the boxes (?). I’m also circumspect that Grade B kit would find its way outside of the UK.

Given other posts and noting you have pictures, I would liaise with your dealer and suggest trying a cleaning spot test, to see if the marking does go away under usual cleaning protocols. I use simple glass window cleaner akin to Astonish on my kit (not any cream type products) and it works very well.

It could just be that what’s showing is residue marks from handling - albeit this shouldn’t be the case but times are strange at the moment.

1 Like

It would be printed on those labels. Your’s are all normal new units.

Best

David

1 Like

That’s good to know … clearly not grease then :grinning:… which unfortunately leaves you with the paint problem.

It’s a shame the unit wasn’t checked before dispatch to you, but I’m sure it will get sorted.

All the best and hopefully you will soon be enjoying your new purchase :grinning:

1 Like

Yes indeed it got changed after 1 month haha… low stock.

1 Like

Only thing I clean my gear with these days is a slightly damp quality micro fibre cloth. Dampened with water.
Always amazed what that removes. Anything with texture, that has embedded grit/dirt is easily cleaned.
But the cloth needs to be damp. Dry dont work!

I had a similar issue with a brand new ND5 XS2 that had marks and indented damage to the edge of the front fascia.
My dealer provided a loaner and Naim replaced it without question or issue.
I suggest as others seem to have already to liase with your dealer, ask for loan kit if available and let them process a return directly with Naim.
In my own experience, If you aren’t 100% happy Naim will do everything they can to make things right.

1 Like

Presumably @anon4489532 dropping it in a slurry pit would also be frowned upon

:slight_smile:

Hi Everyone!

So I finally took the units back to the dealer for a replacement since the new units have arrived. I opened the new package with the dealer manager for an inspection, and the new units had the same problem. It was truly bizarre.

The manager then came up with the idea to wipe the marks with a car interior cleaner, and he successfully wiped the marks off😂.

I am very glad the marks came off and I took the original units back home.

However, I wonder if you guys know any cleaner product accessible in the U.S for future maintenance. It seems like I can’t find Astonish cleaner here.

I have been using Novus plastic polish Number 1 for years. It also works great on metal and glass. It makes the Naim boxes blacker than black, and takes away static.

1 Like

It depends on the root cause of the issue. I had severe discolouration (purple to bright pink!) on several units. Turned out to be an anodizing batch fault. Which no amount of cleaner of any type will remove. My dealer and Naim did take care of the issue though.

Any polish will mask the issue. The polish will micro fill holes, gaps, defects and make it look ok.
The test for me is a good quality microfiber cloth. Very slightly damp. Light rubbing to remove marks and keep turning the cloth. And preferably deionised water.
That should leave no marks and nothing masking any marks.
I use this method on all my hifi. Works well on the finish on my Olive cases.

1 Like

Maybe it’s just me, but should anyone really be expected to start ‘cleaning’ brand new products costing many thousands $£ straight out of the manufacturers box’ ?

Something somewhere isn’t quite right.

Can’t think of this kind of issue with any other products … but, perhaps my expectations are a little too high.

Just a thought :grinning:

2 Likes

I wonder whether the cleaning product is “going off” in transit. It’s the cold time of year in the UK, I know the meticulous handling that goes on in the goods out area at the factory, and the components don’t go in a box looking like that. Just a guess.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.