SN3 review by Steve Huff on YouTube

A non-standard mains cable too…in fact everything plugged into it is of non-Naim standard…:thinking:

It is of interest thank you I hadn’t read any write up the start of the comments looked very dubious to say the least.
I’ve tried them both ways and got far better results RCA but others might not agree we all have our own ears.
No offence meant. :flushed:

In that case Naim should have delivered him Din/ RCA cables. Apparently Naim didn’t.

Poor show on them.
Great review though it could have been very different. :+1:t2:

The dealer he plugs for the first 2 minutes of the review loaned him the amp, Naim weren’t involved.

Yes, probably. But I understood he didn’t bothered with Din as he doesn’t have a Naim source.

I’ve not compared in any dedicated way and considered it - may I ask what you have used in your comparison (and what cables) and what do you mean by far better (with RCA)?

I posted in a conversation elsewhere for a similar question.

I’ve been using a high-end Audio Sensibility RCA to RCA between my NDX2 and 252 since the DIN output on the NDX2 failed. I was using the Superlumina DIN to DIN before. The RCA connection sounds really good, and when the NDX2 is repaired I’m going to A/B DIN versus RCA.

4 Likes

I see, thanks, interesting. I use the RCA and like it but not sure it’s quite so easy to compare or apply universally as components and different cables, including connectors, may perform differently or be/even have an issue. Anyway, if I have a chance to have a matched comparison, will do it one day, if only for the fun.

1 Like

If the Din relay was in ‘just about working’ condition this may explain why the RCA connections may have caught up or be on par with the failing/failed Din connection? I’ve always found the Din to Din to be superior sounding to the RCA to RCA equivalents.

1 Like

My comparisons were done with a Brand New Supernait 3 and CD5Si
Both delivered and unboxed on the same day.
It didn’t cost anything to try as I had a freebie cheap set of RCA to compare it was purely out of curiosity because my LP12 Urika was wired with linn silvers from my previous amp.
As soon as it was obvious I put silvers put on the CDP as well.
There is no angle or money in this just a huge improvement in SQ.
It might work out for anyone I just thought too good not to pass on.
:+1:t2:

2 Likes

As it’s often the case with Steve Huff reviews, the new component is now the best. The new review is for the Luxman 595 integrated. The best integrated he has ever heard.

3 Likes

I saw recently now his favorite amp is the Rotal Michi X3.

YouTube reviews have to be taken with a lot of salt not only a grain, because they need gear to review so there is a great dependence on their end to have gear to review.

Also give a lot of discount on ifi gear reviews, as ifi normally tends to give some pressure on reviewer and to send material to review they have to not say anything bad, because if something bad is pronounced no more ifi gear to review.

In the end use your ears to evaluate something and look at video reviews to know the hardware better.

There is a big business behind most reviews that drive to sales. When a new product comes out YouTube is filled with the reviews, for example an iPhone, or kef ls50 meta, this is the new way of driving sales.

And is not only on the audio industry.

4 Likes

Shopping around for a new grille for my wife’s QB, got around to audition the Rose integrated, mr Steve mentioned in his review.

Although it has a Nagra thing going on with quite an exquisite physical appearance, I’m sorry to report it sounds like crap. :disappointed:

Can’t remember hearing a pair of Contour Dynaudios being under so much pain.

3 Likes

And looks like crap too :grin:

Have to agree. At home in Bletchley Park I think.

1 Like

To me, too much going on with the Rose.

It seems that they’ve put everything they can in / on it.

DG…

The word Steampunk springs to mind. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.