Snaxo 362 factory settings

Interesting :thinking: but thatā€™s the bmr Snaxo manual ā€¦
Seems at naim the left hand doesnā€™t quite know what the right one is doing at the moment. The pictures I posted are taken from a brand new Snaxo 362 for DBLs, out of the box in Oct 21. As you can see the pots are not set at their minimum but clearly adjusted to a specific setting.

In contrast to my own 362 for DBLs bought in Oct 2018 it came with their pots set at their minimum which I only found out much later ā€¦:pleading_face:

1 Like

I think itā€™s likely that there are only a few staff at Naim who are still au fait with the intricacies of older equipment/designs from several decades ago and if production of items such as SNAXOs is comparatively tiny then efforts to train newer techs is likely to be better spent elsewhere on more popular products. I would however hope that somehow the older knowledge can still be handed down.

1 Like

From what Iā€™ve been led to believe, as Richard says they were set up in the factory by listening and the pots marked
Iā€™ve had 7 of these, including 4 362ā€™s all originally set for DBLs and all had slightly different pot markings
The original Naxo pots made huge changes whereas the Snaxos are fine tuning
In your shoes and from experience Iā€™d start at everything at either a quarter or half turn, this gives you the option of taking away, rather than starting all at min
Iā€™d do a session to initially sort this out, so remove the cover completely, find a starting point, get a wide variety of albums together and go for it
Only make one adjustment at a time as an adjustment of one driver on the Snaxo, can impact all 3 on the speaker
Once happy get pics cos youā€™re sure to tinker with it later with different albums and even more so after upgrading
For the record my actual settings are a long way from the pot markings and Iā€™ve consistently found that to be the case

Slightly off topic, Naimā€™s R & D will go to where the biggest market is
Off topic again but itā€™s true of the Superline,
S/line & S/Cap DR is ok for mid range Linns etc and 282 level amps but hardly cuts the mustard with the many of us that have taken our LP12 way beyond Linn and active 500 systems, yet alone the elite with S1ā€™s
Some years ago I didnā€™t think Naim would come up with a new phono so to extremely good effect I upgraded to a TE MASTERGROOVE SR
Maybe should have done that before the 52-552

Lyndon

1 Like

I note the section of the SNAXO manual you attached refers to using a dust cover for the non -burndy power supply if a burndy is being used. I donā€™t have such a dust cover - I have a huge link plug ready if I stop using the burndy but thatā€™s it. Do others use a dust cover on a SNAXO and if so, how would I get one, please?

1 Like

I removed some posts. Please respect and abide by forum rules. Thank you.

I got a brand new SL2 SNAXO in 2021 from Naim :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congrats! May I suggest you to sell T-shirts with that text?

2 Likes

Here You can see the difference between Isobarik and DBL.
Isobarik is configured now.
This is the ā€œdefaultā€ setting from Naim.
Note that it has been rebuilt for Isobarik as well.

Thanks for sharing that. Deafening silence so far from Naim and dealer. Will give them until Thursday before chasing up.

Update. I finally received a response from Naim advising that they can offer the change from DBL to Isobarik and advising the cost for this! Not quite the response I was after but better than nothing. Closely followed by an acknowledgment from my original dealer along with an offer to get the change done at cost, which I guess is at least some kind of nod to the original c**k up, even though it could have been Naim in the wrong. Now I have to face the down time period while it goes back to base for adjustment which is a drag because the TV goes through the main speakers also. Might need to draft in my trusty IBLs.

2 Likes

I would be really keen to hear your thoughts on the newly Briked 362 marknaim. This is a route I am considering too but there seems divided opinion on its worth.

Iā€™ll be honest, Iā€™m not sure I can bothered. Mrs M isnā€™t keen on having the Briks blocking the front room while the IBLs do stand in service. Canā€™t face being without the system for the X number of weeks the work will take either. I think Iā€™d need to borrow a Brik 362 and swap it in to see if itā€™s worth the effort. The change was described as not major, more the ā€œicing on the cakeā€ but I donā€™t know anyone with a Brik 362 to try it.

I am in exactly the same situation. If I ever see a Brik 362 on the used market I will buy it and we can both try it out and put our minds to rest. Dont hold your breath tho !

1 Like

Another response from Naim. They do think itā€™s very worthwhile doing. Hmm. Will check with dealer next week. Itā€™s not a huge amount so I might bite the bullet.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.