So DSOTM 50yr, what do we think?

And on that subject generally, in the late 70’s i was the elder of four brothers and the only one with a record collection, every now and again one would go missing (always kept in alphabetical order so easy to spot) some came back, some didn’t, of course no one ever had anything to do with it but I think I know who!

Absolutely none. I can only think it was a total accident, and got included in a bundle of LPs we took to a charity shop over a decade ago.

It was a “bought on day of release” jobbie as well.

Gutted. But OTOH the Live ‘74 CD has exceptional SQ, and the performance is stellar!

3 Likes

Has anyone compared the 74’ Live 24/96 hi-res download versus the vinyl edition? Sounds like it’s a great recording and concert.

1 Like

The vinyl copy is, I think, the cleanest and most detailed production I have ever heard, but not heard the hi-res download yet!

1 Like

Is anyone eagerly awaiting the release of Roger Waters new version?

Wouldn’t say I was eagerly waiting but I’m curious. Like most I probably think he shouldn’t but if has the same feel as the lockdown secessions who knows it might be ok.

2 Likes

No! But I’ll probably sample it like I did his ‘dark’ Comfortably numb, only to decide he’d ruined it!

I enjoyed the lockdown sessions which I see are being released on vinyl / CD.

Curious about reworking DSOTM in this format I.e.Roger only. Clearly the original is and always will be king but a reworking in the style of the lockdown sessions interests me for sure.

Gary

1 Like

My response to that question is in the words of Mr Waters himself.
The first three words of “Not Now John”!

1 Like

If the reworking were done in a new and imaginative way, it could be interesting. For example, redoing it ‘unplugged’ style could be an interesting way of letting the songwriting shine through.

Alternatively, if it’s just trying to be a carbon copy of the original but with himself playing all the parts to prove a rather childish point, I think it’ll be best ignored.

Mark

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.