Solstice vs Sondek

Many people here have Classic (252/300) and 500 systems, so that’s 50k to 100k give or take with speakers. An ND555 with PS is 25k. A top Sondek is what, 25k? Not underestimating the forum demographics, but I doubt we are all millionaires.
And like a car, you’d usually spread it over the expected lifetime

1 Like

I’d really like to, and also to know how many they are selling!

There was a time I wouldn’t have made that mistake, retirement is obviously taking its toll.

1 Like

i’d like to hear one too…

My dealer told me she ordered two units. Hope to listen to one when they get them in.

3 Likes

Yeti, you live in the Hérault region. A new shop a St Martin de Valgalgues, Gard, will have the Solstice on demo, at the beginning of September.

I don’t know how they compare and I m sure the solstice will be a top notch-stellar performer as any naim creation. I can only say that the lp12 with funk firm vector modification is really fantastic

Seems to be just north of Alès, not too far to go, I can’t find a site for the shop though. I’ve not been to Alès yet but came close on Monday cutting across country from Montélimar to escape the endless bouchon on the A7 on the way back from visiting my belle soeur in the alps.
I’ll be in Paris for a couple of days from the 23rd of August so if there’s any arrived there by then that’s another chance.

1 Like

I don’t see the shop neither on google. But read elsewhere it is opened now. Maybe try to phone « la mairie « of that little town. They should know their phone.
As to Paris, I doubt it will soon be demonstrated. Maybe in my town, as the dealer is the main dealer in Paris area. I will let you know.

sorry rooster for incomplete reply but the EMMs were significantly less expensive than the Statement amps and sounded better than my 500 much better . i was not able to compare the Statement amps to
the EMM MTRX but first listen that was all I needed to get them , These amps are the best I’ve ever heard.

1 Like

Just spotted this earlier in the thread :joy: And he or she would have been missing out on great music from a great TT in all that time :roll_eyes: I’m really pleased that there is at last a very serious alternative from Naim. Not just an arm or a power supply. Not long now to wait!

KR,

Peter

8 Likes

Hopefully this will be so in terms of an alternative and I am keen to hear it.

As an owner of an LP12 for c35 years I have always loved it to such at extent that it is probably engrained into what I call great vinyl playback. So, whilst the Naim deck is going to sound different it will really have to be something beyond the LP12 to make me sell my beloved LP12 that I have built up, step by step, over the decades.

But, if I like what it does, and after an extended home loan I love it then I would seriously considering moving on with or without using my Superline/SupercapDR with the new deck

Richard

1 Like

Have you communicated with David about Solstice Richard?

1 Like

Yep, but only when it was first announced. I do not know when The Sound Org (York) is expecting one to dem.

Richard

1 Like

Keep us updated :grinning:

I think there is a general consensus that delivery of the demonstration units will be first and this should occur sometime in August for all participating retailers.

2 Likes

Hi rooster, Didnt answer your last query completly , in the Ed Meinter EMM monos which sounded far superior they were half the price as here in the states Naim Statements go for 90 thousand dollars EACH , the EMM are selling for 90k for the pair

1 Like

FR & @sktn77a, If Wikipedia is wrong you can change it yourself, and it is quite easy to do so. That is a strength, but also a weakness of Wiki: weakness because anyone can post anything that is incorrect, even deliberately, and it remains unless someone else spots it and changes it.

For people with more normal incomes, a cheaper source can easily be 10%, certainly my source, taking all up to and including the DAC, was quite a bit more than 10% of mine.

The venerable David has always been more Naim leaning than Linn - so I’m super interested in his views!

I’ve not been in there for years, but Hamish and David are wonderful hosts, and I still get an amusing Christmas Card from them every year!

2 Likes