Soundtrack better than the film

It always drives me nuts when they cast an American/Canadian for a Brit, Irish, Scots etc. etc. part, when there’s plenty of excellent (and better) actors with the proper accents. I can’t even watch the movies.
Like Dik Van frickin’ Dyke, in Mary Poppins singing, " Step in Toime, Step in Toime, Step in Toime …
Jeez mon!
Funny ol’ world …

A film to suit individual tastes. Great soundtrack though🙂

Keanu Reeves in Dracula is up there with Dik van Dyck for murdering an English accent

2 Likes

I’m not sure if I’ve heard anyone do a Brit accent really well. Alice Eve (one of my favs) goes back and forth between Brit and American and you’d never know which one is natural. Brit of course. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m not so sure. His cultural appropriations could seem aspirational for many.
Much like the soap opera “Neighbours” at the same time bringing in Aussie inflections influencing young ambitious English teenagers.

1 Like

Ken Russell definitely improved the screenplay over the soundtrack.

Sante Sangre - an utterly bonkers film but with a good score.

Grosse Pointe Blank - Good film, awesome soundtrack for people born between 1960 and 1970. The sounds of our youth !

3 Likes

Great film. Saw it on release in Warsaw …good soundtrack too.

Love both.

Quadrophenia and Tommy

1 Like

The Hot Spot Dennis Hopper’s bang average noirish b-movie but with a Jack Nitzsche soundtrack played by Miles Davis and John Lee Hooker plus Taj Mahal (Dennis got them to work together).

1 Like

Soundtrack of More by Pink Floyd. 1969.

1 Like

The 1960’s Robinson Crueso theme was brilliant…

2 Likes

Although the film was good!

Any film (Quadrophenia) that has a young Leslie Ash going to Brighton on a scooter, and (simulating) having a knee trembler in a boarded off alleyway has to have something going for it.

I could take you to the very spot, which is still there…

1 Like

I’m a Brightonian so no it well.

Well, alright, but at least buy me a drink first.

(My mother warned me about men like you…)

Good gracious, have I been blind for years to the fact that this is in fact a dating site?

(Now those strange messages that I get from alleged girls allegedly wanting to get jiggy with me begin to make a modicum of sense!)

Well, glory be!

Incidentally, your mother ought also to have warned you that people like me may not necessarily be men.

2 Likes

I thought that Stefani Germanotta put in a remarkably powerful and affecting performance, alongside Bradley Cooper, in the remake of ‘A Star Is Born’ a few years ago.

She could hardly have been more different from her ultra-polished stage persona, Lady Gaga.