Speaker audition recommendations with a difference

Hi @popeye looking great, I don’t think you will gain much moving them out, I have the 23’s in a smaller room and the work very well without much space behind them, they do deliver nice tight bass, happy listening

1 Like

Rightly or wrongly these are staying! I am not going to bother auditioning anything else, they are mesmerising and the mid range is absolutely incredible! I thought my Totems were good but these are in a different league.
Should I be surprised given the price difference!?
I must be lucky with my room as everyone’s concerns I certainly don’t have, like too much bass or very bright. They are so balanced but the bass goes so low in tracks to octaves I never knew existed! :joy:

6 Likes

Well, that’s worked out rather well. For what it’s worth I think it makes a lot of sense to just go for it. PMC make some really nice speakers.

1 Like

Great outcome, keep it simple. I think you are seeing/hearing the benefits of the bigger speaker cabinet. As nice as the Sky Towers are, the smaller cabinet size will always limit how far they can go. These look really nice in your set up.

1 Like

You lucky begger.

I’d love a room that could take those speakers.

Just goes to show, it’s worth trying full range speakers first to discover if they will work.

2 Likes

Congraulations, Popeye on your purchase of PMC 25/26 speakers.
I found that these speakers are very capable and easy to integrate into moderate surroundings.
As a example, I previously had a pair of ATC SCM40 mk2. In my listening room, I found they needed the volume cranking up to optimise the sound and that they then produced far too much bass.
I would say, that given the right surroundings. They are a remarkable speaker for level of reproduction versus cost.
Just a case of, not one size fits all.
I have not encountered either of the attibutes with the PMC speakers and also have found that detail is still discernible at low levels of listening

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.