Speaker Cable Single or Bi-wire

Yeah, but many (I believe most without having done a survey) don’t

Proac Tab X sign
Fyne F500

Silly, then buy the speakers that you want. The only thing silly is when people believe their preference is the only right selection to make.

Or start a speaker company, do it your way and drive out the silly competition

Variety is the spice of life…

The F500s are made in China (I don’t know about the proacs you mentioned)

It would be pretty expensive for the manufacturer to offer this as an option.

I think it’s the same with ATC passive models. ATC also mention that bi- or tri-amping is popular in some markets.

Roger

ProAc speakers are made in Brackley, Northamptonshire. No cheap outsourced labour here. British speakers, made in Britain.

1 Like

I bought the F502SPs in part because they too are made in Britain.

There’s also the internal wiring in the speaker cabinet itself between the binding posts and the drivers, I’m sure in some cases if you were to open up the cabinet and take a look you might be a little surprised to see what is normally hidden from sight.
If you try a change and enjoy what it brings that’s a happy ending, I’m sure if most of us sat and listened to the same system with stock links that are in the packaging from the manufacturer and some exotic links you’d probably struggle to make a meaningful conclusion on which was which or even which you preferred. There’s always an element of confirmation bias with these tweaks. I use banana to spade NAC A5 tails, main lengths being also NAC A5, amp to speakers connects to LF posts and links to other inputs, in the spirit of disclosure!

Your probably right, even the F701, which supposedly are made in UK, are bi-wire.

Not sure about their flagship F1-xx but I’ve heard some of these at a Munich room, they were really very good, but odd looking(very expensive).

Some time ago Alan Shaw wrote that he doesn’t care for bi-wiring or special cables inside (he’s apparently using normal Van Damme cabling from posts to crossover), and that they only do that for some ‘anniversary’ models to oblige some countries’ importers’ requests.

Agree with the first statement Max but, ime, not the second. The few times I tried this I found the music became dismantled with the timing ever-so-slightly ‘off’. So, one good cable better, one good amplifier better.

G

Not sure if this refers to passive bi-amping (for which I don’t see the point unless someone happens to have a spare amp, as improvement is likely to be marginal at best, and active, when of course it depends on the setup of the Active XO, and whether the relative timing (phase) is correctly set.

I agree. I wasn’t taking sides with anyone. I don’t remember exactly, but websites where I read about bi-amping may well have been amplifiers manufacturers’…
:slight_smile:
Max

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.