Speaker jumpers

Why are they ?

A picture paints a 1,000 words …
I believe you are advocating connection #3

My advice is to try them all, I found this is horses for courses stuff.

5 Likes

@Mike-B
Yes Number 3 I explained here thanks for the diagrams. :+1:t2:

how it works I was told by a speaker designer and always did it like this until I now have single sockets.

1 Like

Positive main cable to the top and jumper to the bottom and negative to the bottom and jumper to the top.
Flow of current.
I explained again above.
There are lots of positive " no pun intended" results throughout this thread.
Costs nothing but a few minutes to try. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Surely that’s exactly what Steviebee is doing? I’m confused.

2 Likes

Sometimes it’s nice not to have too many options…

3 Likes

If your jumpers are made from the same cable as your speaker cable then I can’t see any of the above making a blind bit of difference, however as my jumpers are different they are now connected diagonally per picture 3 - just in case like!

1 Like

Those active inputs look very tempting😁

1 Like

But that’s what he has done !!!

1 Like

Me too !

I know :flushed:

1 Like

My internal speaker wire is the same brand, copper, silver plating & insulation as the speaker cable & the jumper extensions to the 2nd banana pair & I cannot hear any difference with any of the connection options on my drawing.

1 Like

Thanks @Skeptikal.
Nice to have another confirmation :+1:

And thanks for the diagrams @Mike-B. I may as well try all of em in time…

3 Likes

@steviebee
Your most welcome that’s what a chummy sharing of info is for.
Glad it helped it worked for me. :+1:t2:

1 Like

From the email thread notifications there was a suggestion that you had it wrong, but your picture is exactly as I suggested. I found the bass more refined and detailed, as is the top end and the whole presentation just more open and dynamic. I’ve added some trial A5 wire as jumpers too.

2 Likes

@Mike_S

Thanks again Mike :+1:…my next chance to play music via the 805’s will be the weekend. Can’t wait!

1 Like

I have always wondered if those solid link plugs on the active inputs on Titan speakers are a potential weak link (pun intended), but suspect Kudos (Derek) have done their homework on this particular detail.

As I suspect the vast majority of Titan owners will run them passively, this configuration should not be compromised in any way.

1 Like

They could be Nigel. If I get bored one day I might whip out the soldering iron and find out…

Or just go active :flushed:

2 Likes

I wonder if anyone has tried four KS-1 jumpers to replace the solid link plugs and compared the two.

1 Like

You wonder why these companies just do it anyway……most do not like the metal links?

1 Like