Speaker jumpers

Well I’ll be jiggered! Just swapped from both to mid bass to positive to treble on my scm11 and I’d agree, more spaciousness and just sounds a little more together

1 Like

My dealer made these up for me to try in place of the stock jumper wires. Will give it a whirl later.

1 Like

I’m a bit confused. This is my SL setup - red to red, black to black on my 805’s… what do I change to try this tweak (my brain just freezes…)?

Earlier (dustier!) pic , top down:

2 Likes

Keep the high frequency (red) as it is. On the left side, take the main black SL to the bottom pin - you will need to also swap your SL jumper so the spade is on the bottom and the banana is on the top.

How did you find the change to using the SL jumper?

1 Like

Thanks Mike :+1:

I thought the SL jumpers had a positive effect on ‘cleaning’ things up, bass seemed a little more defined and vocals shone a bit more. More space, maybe - it’s been awhile, see below. But the Verteres were very, very good and if it weren’t that I found the SL at a great price, I’d have been happy to stick.

TBH, my problem is that I don’t have much time to listen to music via speakers (headphones mainly once my wife has gone to bed) so it’s been a while since I had some proper listening-me- time…but so far, I don’t regret the SL (certainly at the price paid) at all.

1 Like

I’ve just banged these wires in place of the skinny wire that was on the Forests. Bit of a bugger to get in, I had to thread one through the pin hole, and wrap the other around the pin and clamp it in.

My lord, what a transformation. Bit taken aback to be honest.

3 Likes

This is how my Tannoys are wired from factory. Both speaker cables into high and wired to low. I changed to diagonal but it sounded worse IMO so I put it back.

do you know what sort of cable it is? Looks a bit like NAC

1 Like

Yes, NACA5. I asked him off he had any spare pieces and he whipped these up for me.

1 Like

Well, just tried the tweak, thanks for the pointer! Very initial impressions - bass seems not as forward/prominent and the mid/tops more, um, defined. Interesting.
Is there a better sense of ‘space’ too…? :thinking:

More listening/swapping required and for once I have a couple of hours where I can play via speakers as I’m home alone. Result!

6 Likes

Exactly what I found too

3 Likes

I didn’t get my two hours me- time after all…sigh…further experimenting will have to wait for another day.

3 Likes

I checked my Hawks and they are the same. The Forests only have the wire pins, which I’ve now replaced with some NACA 5.

1 Like

Did you find it made much of a difference?

Quite dramatic to be honest. Though JV had cautioned that the bigger and bolder presentation can come at the cost of musical flow sometimes. That doesn’t seem to be the case though at the moment.

I might whip some up then and give it a whirl - I’ve got some qed x40 kicking around o experiment with anyway…

2 Likes

Quick blast this morning of Bartók, Pistols and Alabama 3: I was wrong about the bass, it sounds undiminished; cleaner I think.
Everything else, yep, sounding good.

2 Likes

Remember the most important part of this tweak is that speakers with multi connectors is that positive goes to the highest frequency driver and negative to the most bass driver.
Explained in previous posts up there. :roll_eyes: :+1:t2:

Changed the black as suggested by @Mike_S, my reds remain as before.

1 Like

Just right.

2 Likes