Speaker Ornaments - Yes or No?

My speakers are there for one purpose and I flinch when I see ‘ornaments’ placed atop others’ speakers.

Clearly I have issues. Others seem much less concerned and are happy to place objects which mean something to them on their speakers.

So, what do you have on top of your speakers and why is it important to you?

G

4 Likes

Air and dust reside on the tops of my speakers, Christmas a bit of tinsel.

5 Likes

Nothing…no way

4 Likes

nuffink, sweet FA, zilch, zip, nada.
Speaker tops are strictly out of bounds, punishable by flogging or an evening listening to Adele or if its a repeat offence; Morrisey

10 Likes

At the very least.

G

1 Like

My wife puts vases with flowers on my amps and small ones on the top of the sbls. I accept it and will use it as an argument for dbls in the future. Bigger surface.

Ovators are safe. Most things slide off them.

5 Likes

+1

1 Like

NOWT!!! Even the dust is carefully wiped off at regular intervals.

Put things on your speakers bwahahahahahaha!!

4 Likes

Indeed. Sometimes i even consider the grills a type of ornament… wanting to take it off.
(but i maintain those for dust protection)

Even if I wanted to, which I don’t, the MF9s have top mounted super tweeters , so the question hasn’t arisen … so far, that is. :scream: :scream:

No

I have these on top of each speaker .

1 Like

Vases - what? with water in them? :flushed: :flushed: :flushed: :flushed: :flushed:

3 Likes

Mine are wall mounted on brackets and are tilted down…so nothing on top of them would stay there.

When I have had floor placed speakers…nothing on top.

1 Like

Nothing - with you all the way on this one @GraemeH!

1 Like

When I had cats they would often snooze on the speakers.

2 Likes

I found one of my just crawling tot’s asleep on top of a TagMcLaren amp many moons ago.

G

Absolutely nothing…no way… I wouldn’t stand it… I might respect those who do it but frankly speaking I suffer when I see speakers obliged to serve as “raisers”… :blush:

1 Like

I have my Christmas tree on mine…

Expecting a visit from Miss Whiplash …Screenshot 2020-08-04 at 09.20.51

6 Likes

What ornament for improving the SQ?

Plastic flowers? Family photos? Ming vases?

Tellurium cables cut to 1 metre lengths and tied on a reef knot?

1 Like