Speaker Ornaments - Yes or No?

I like it

1 Like

I have cards on top of mine - as cat discouragment!

1 Like

Well I thought our tree was diminutive and rather plain

1 Like

That’s why you tolerate the plant.

G

I’d never have anything on my speakers. Never.

11 Likes

…as Nancy Regan once said, “Just Say No!”

3 Likes

After the "festive " season is over, it will go into the garden , never to darken the inside of my house again

1 Like

I can breathe again…

G

Mine’s smaller than yours :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

I have found some small balls to go on it

Nativity ‘Beaks’?

G

Your secret is safe with us …

I came home once (years ago) and instantly noticed ‘someone’ had placed a few burning tealights on one of the floorstanders, to cozy up the place…

The burnt circles were visible until the day the speakers left the place, some 5 years later…

1 Like

Nothing on mine - but they are Ovators, so no option. Previous speakers were SBLS, and nothing on top of those either (I pointed out to my wife that putting something on top would probably make the tweeter box touch the bass box). Previous to those were my Naim 702s (or were they 602s - I can never be sure). Despite all my objections, my wife put pot plants on top - resulting in water rings, but apparently that was no reason not to put pot plants on top. I shouldn’t make a fuss. But I’m just weird, objecting to having things on my speakers.

2 Likes

I put them there specially for you, as I know you’d like the design. They are now back on the bookcase where they live for the festive period.

1 Like

:disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved:

Do Preamps count? :rofl:

8 Likes

The NBLs are a good deterrent except to dust, the Thiels don’t have much of a top, though it is level but I never found anything on them. My first speakers, mission 700s had very tempting tops, I used to put post that my need attention at some time on the one by the door, the other sometimes received a record brush but every so often thing put on top of them would fall off from the vibrations in the cabinets, they weren’t exactly dead.

1 Like

My back teeth are swimming around in my jaw just looking at that.

G

2 Likes

Did Naim think of making the top mounted volume controls waterproof?

1 Like

I have ashtray in top of mine.

2 Likes