Speaker Ornaments - Yes or No?

You’re not being weird, really, you’re not.

G

1 Like

Black ash?

G

2 of my ex wives used to put things on top of my speakers.

I don’t miss them.

7 Likes

Yes.How did you know!

4 Likes

Back teeth again…

G

Please, please take it off!

I would appreciate it if you would post a photo of your S1 without the glass of wine, so I can sleep tonight!

5 Likes

I have nothing on top of them. My gf sometimes does, mostly stuff like baby monitor, post, record brush etc. Not worth making a fuss over as long as she doesn’t complain having them well away from the walls / into the living room. Give and take.

2 Likes

The Chord amps with the open metallic gauze tops and lights and everything underneath always seemed to be asking for trouble…particularly drinks.

1 Like

Definitely not advisable on Isobariks. Another punishable offence.

1 Like

Nap 500?

I guess turntables are also not the best place for putting liquids - or anything else if no lid!

As for speakers, a cure may be to play rock music loud - in many cases that will clear the tops automatically!

3 Likes

I hope the relationship survived. :cry: :scream: :cold_sweat:

Imagine it is a motored volume dial controllable from app or remote. This would be too hard for me to resist despite the risk.

A big plus with our 600s is that nothing can be placed on them.

I was taught to put subs together to “double” the output from them when I used to do live gigs. So, no way I will have anything on the speaker. Only exception and for a brief moment, perhaps something that is completely dead in terms of resonance and heavy. And one that does not leave a mark on them. I can’t deal with tan lines on speakers either. I have OCD!

Haha, I have seen things jump off subs before! :rofl:

3 Likes

At the moment it’s quite safe, but yes every now and the vases with water indeed. The steel grills are there for a reason.

1 Like

What on earth…

1 Like

No but I can think of something worse, people who put their drinks on top during parties, social gatherings. Like my speakers are ‘just’ another piece of furniture, outrageous

3 Likes

Been Clean for 20 years but still …"

1 Like

Cool pic Graeme moody morning or sundowner🙂

1 Like