Speaker Ornaments - Yes or No?

Weird time on the forum, in one thread people are discussing if they should throw away the Naim packaging, in this one it’s whether stuff should be put on speakers, and in a third one it’s vows not to upgrade.

12 Likes

Morning!

G

1 Like

Indeed. I’m still SL (Speech Less) since HH has sold his SL’s.

Token of the times.

1 Like

Indeed, this and the 272/555 was an obvious harbinger of doom. We couldn’t see this when it happened, but future historians will pinpoint this event.

1 Like

…as a Fisherman’s tale! :rofl: ATB Peter

1 Like

image Things don’t sit well on these :grinning:

8 Likes

Oh that’s just begging for corn starch and water (non Newtonian fluid) on it. Muahahaha!

3 Likes

Table tennis balls are fun until the volume increases.

1 Like

Ping pong balls and Marcus Miller would be fun.

G

5 Likes

I would be hard pressed to place any sort of ornament on top of my B & W 802s. My previous KEF ones with rectangular boxes used to support my wife’s bowl of flowers.
Anything on top cannot help with what you hear. On top of a Statemnt?

1 Like

Yes indeed - all speakers should be built with the shedding of ornaments in mind.

1 Like

3 Likes

I remember many parties where people would leave their drinks on speakers and seemed surprised when they fell off due to vibrations!
More recently, I did have to ask a guest not to drape their coat over my NBL’s…
Thankfully, leaving drinks or other objects on an NBL isn’t really possible due to the curved top.

4 Likes

I’d be tempted to take up smoking just to stub out on that.

3 Likes

5 years Lung Cancer Free this past September.

Oh and never ever no way anything on top of speakers.

7 Likes

Good to hear, on both counts.

G

1 Like

Can we talk about SQ differences :wink:

Shirley must make a difference :joy:

It’s one of the big advantages of the SL2s (and NBLs and Allaes) that the tops are curved so nobody can place anything on top.

IIRC Totem offered some metal bullet shaped objects (beaks?) that were designed to be placed on top of speakers to reduce resonances, or something like that. Is anybody using these here? Or perhaps tried them in the past?

They are not welcome at my house! Likewise, anyone scared of dogs and want them locked out of the house. For God sake, my dogs have a combined weight of 10kg!

Does he start drumming along?

1 Like