Speaker pop pop and stridency

@frenchrooster Hi Rooster, are you going to run the two RCA or XLR?

XLR, I hope it will work this time. But I will have the choice to have RCA to RCA. However Tim said that XLR is better with Ear pre and amp.

@frenchrooster . I have a feeling the popping will be gone with the Ear power amp

1 Like

If not, you will call me a looser :rofl:
I couldn’t try another amp with my Ear and speakers, so I haven’t disregarded all possibilities, specially my speakers. But my dealer has never time….
However the morning the Ear / 250 dr was working fine, the afternoon I connected the new 250 and the problem begun.

So when you hooked up the 250dr it was RCA but the NC250 is XLR’s :+1:

1 Like

No no not a Loser… maybe a French Turkey HAHAHAHA

Sorry, google translate didn’t help me, what is the meaning of french turkey?

Sorry it was a joke. a Turkey can be thought of as a loser.

1 Like

I have no doubt it was positive.
I read the Ear 912 notice and Tim writes that some XLR may be not true XLR or made differently, which can cause some noises in the speakers. In that case he recommends RCA . Unfortunately the new Naim gear has no RCA. Only XLR.

That’s absolutely 100% correct. And it’s what I thought all along. It’s very rare to see true differential balanced tube gear.

Will you be able to return your NC250 for a refund?
Happy New Years FR

1 Like

Yes, they ordered me the Ear 534. Have just to pay the difference. 400 euros more.

2 Likes

Where I live the 534 cost 6000EUR and NC250 7600EUR.

I paid 5600 for the NC 250. 20% discount. Naim week show at my dealer place, with special offers.

2 Likes

So you got back what you paid for the NC250. That’s cool. Any thoughts on what interconnect you’ll use between your Ears hahaha

Turkey interconnects of course :grin:

Make sure you Baste them well :laughing:

No worries, I have some chesnuts to accommodate.

Happy New Year Mr. Rooster! I can’t wait to hear what you think about your new Amp!
I don’t know what XLR cables you plan to use. I can recommend from personal experience the Cardas Clear ( Clear Beyond is super expensive) Audience Audio FrontRow, ( which I use currently,) and WireWorld Platinum Eclipse 8

1 Like

I have already the Chord Signature tuned array XLR. I like them.
The Ear dealer recommends me the Acoustic Revive , but 2,7 k euros. Maybe at the end of 2024.
I have ordered Isoacoustics Indigo to isolate the amp, and a Furutech 609 powerblock…
So for now I am off budget.

2 Likes

Hey @frenchrooster (fr) what made you change out your excellent 250DR in the first place, if I may ask? Thanks