Spotify and Uniti Star kills Spendor A7's

Yeah but context matters, it was only to warn people that it might not be fixed in the app version that people have installed…

I know …
(I amended my post too, considering that your IMHO important info was lost. I’d have other things to say as well, but better not :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Amazing! You’re right! With that setting enabled you can use adjust the volume from the slider in Spotify on the Lock Screen. But not only the slider, also if using the physical volume buttons on my phone.

What was not obvious to me, that when increasing the volume of another app using the physical buttons on my phone, would (and did) increase the volume of Spotify.

I found that out the hard way - scared the bejabbers out of me

1 Like

I was not at home. The big scare came afterwards after the damage was done. Anyway learned the hard way

1 Like

Your account was exactly the type of incident that has made me wary of computers in audio.

I listen to a lot of radio :radio:, in particular Radio 3 , but the dropouts from poor internet are making me think of getting a new tuner. My NAT 03 is fading somewhat

Fading??

Yes, it’s thirty years old and unserviced (it was brought out of retirement a few years ago, when my Magnum Dynalab stopped being usable ) I just find it slightly ‘‘tired’’ sounding.

I think it’s fantastic that I have some electronics that are still working comfortably after 30 years

My Nova outperforms it comfortably on a strict A/B comparison , but I live in an area of poor internet or expensive internet .

It exists for those days when the internet gets “erratic” (frequent drop outs - on computer and Nova) and my language deteriorates

Was thinking of a Rotel tuner as a stand-by . As you can see three generations of Naim products in the same rack, not unusual on this forum but testimony to Naim’s production standards

Probably just needs a service.

2 Likes

Probably David, I was thinking about a basic Rotel as it had DAB - which I like for the sport .

I can access radio via my Sat Dish , which is then fed into the Nova but a few hours of that is quite enough.

Yes, it may just need a basic service. I bought a lovely NAT03 that was for sale locally just last spring and it has been an absolute delight, so much so that I’m not in any rush to take it to Salisbury for a service - yet…

1 Like

I have the FM/ DAB module fitted to my Nova and am very happy with it. I had it fitted because of poor and / or erratic internet. I think it can be retrofitted.

1 Like

Thanks, not in any great hurry to make a decision as in the last three years, I have totally revamped the system .

The three things that remain,

• Cables

• The Quadraspire Rack

• CDX2

Oh and my enthusiasm for Naim , over thirty years ago I was faced with the choice between Linn and Naim, I went with Naim and have never, ever regretted it

I had the module in my 272 and was quite happy with it. Until I bought a used Nat 05 for £240, which was just so much better. The general advice with a Naim tuner seems to be to just to leave it alone and only have it serviced if it stops holding on to stations, or otherwise goes wrong.

1 Like

New drivers arrived. Installed. Life is good again.

13 Likes

Nice to hear you have it all sorted out. “Thanks” for posting hopefully no one else will ever have the issue you had.

Yes I hope so too. I’ll post the settings for IOS soon

1 Like

Glad you’re sorted. I presume the crossovers tested ok and it was just the drivers?

Is there a way of stopping this happening again by muting the Star or swapping inputs to say USB?

Or ditch Spotify…

When I replaced the drivers I saw they were clearly busted. The glue where the cone was attached to the surround was completely detached.
Listening now sounds perfect.
Choose these settings on Spotify to not let this happen to you:

4 Likes

It’s often other Spotify users who inadvertently cause this problem. If any friends or family members use it with your system you need to get them to ‘forget’ your system in their Spotify settings too, which may be easier said than done.

1 Like