SR Orange is the new Blue (UK Plug Fuses)

The 13A nomenclature is commonly used term for BS 1363 & includes plugs, sockets, adaptors & other connection units
13A does not mean a 13 amp fuse, it’s the max current rating for BS 1363
Plugs can have whatever amp rated fuse, such as those I listed.
That post was simply explaining to someone from Aus or NZ who questioned if it would sound better without a fuse.

Maybe so. As I said, I understood what was meant, but my cousin, over here on holiday from foreign climes was totally confused. Hence my post.

1 Like

Day 4 was not good, an almost distortion type shrill in HF, especially certain vocals, but bags more detail.

Day 5 today, pretty much off the scale, the bass bloom on heavy bass tracks is still present to a lesser extent, but I feel I may have to tweak the speakers after day 7 is no change.

Currently listening to the latest Beetles 24 bit ON Qobuz, absolutely stunning, so much detail, emotion, again that delicacy majors for me, there is bags of PRaT, drive, dynamics but in an odd delicate manner, so makes it so easy and engaging to listen to, I just let whole albums play, even the Beetles which I only like two tracks.

Holy Moly :dizzy_face:

£155 for one fuse!!! I’m not saying they don’t work as I haven’t heard the impact they give, but I really struggle with that. And I use Stillpoints! That’s nearly half of what my dedicated spur and consumer unit cost to install.

2 Likes

You seem to have blown a fuse…it is hifi after all…i just cannot bring myself to do it…yet😉

3 Likes

I done allot of tweaks over 20 years including spurs, fancy power cables, full fat Naim, Cisco switches and this easily blows them all combined with ease.

20 years ago after the spur at my old house, I tried 15A Hydra setup assuming no fuse is the best way, it wasnt and was all very subtle.

He writes all his own material ya know.

10 Likes

Obsydian, I’ve just put one of these orange fuses in place of a blue one and the results are great. I don’t know what this company is doing with these fuses, but they are very good. Mine are all in my av gear and not in Naim. Still to try that at one point.

1 Like

What! You got a radial installed for £400?
Where do you live, Mongolia?

I can only imagine that some people must have superhuman hearing, like the woman who can remember every moment of every day of her life.

My hearing was excellent last time it was tested but clearly that’s excellent only on the normal scale.

1 Like

How long has it been in, what colour is it, is it still working, and was it worth it? (as the actress said the bishop)

2 Likes

Nearly 8 weeks now, Orange and yes the actress was right.

To be fair @JimDog we were having a new extension done so it was just the cost of the wire, sockets, henley block and consumer unit. Labour was minimal as it was wrapped in with everything else.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.