Stageline K suitability for Lyra Delos

Hi all

Building on this topic:

I’ve got a Stageline K, and about to take delivery of a Vertere MG-1 with Lyra Delos fitted.

Is the Delos a good match with the Stageline K?

In future I might look at alternative phono stages, but for now funds mandate sticking with the Stageline K if possible.

Regards, Ian

PS and this thread too

I’ll throw in my opinion: likely this would be a good match, but you won’t know until you try. Perhaps a better match theoretically would be the ‘S’, but between those two Stageline phono preamps I’d surmise the difference of 470 ohms and 560 ohms loading to be minimal (though many Delos owners will say ideally start at 100 ohms and work from there).
The Delos (of which I have as a backup cart, which is brilliant, BTW) is a pretty high-ish ‘low output’ MC cart at 0.6mV, and can be viewed as possessing a ‘lit up’ top end, which the lesser gradual HF rolloff of the two in the ‘S’ might be preferable, as the ‘K’ may give the impression of too much emphasis in this area. Again, it might not matter in the least.
When I had a Tavish Design Adagio phono pre, I tried 100, 150, 300 and 400 ohms, respectively, and felt it sounded pretty ideal at 300 ohms with that particular preamp and Lyra pairing.
If funds are tight, my guess is you’ll be able to live pretty easily with the K version until you’re ready and able to move on. It may not be ideal, but it’ll give you an idea of what a great TT & cart combo you have there.

1 Like

Thanks for your detailed response, much appreciated

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.