Starter Hi-Fi system

Will do !

I have a ‘Hacker Cavalier’ for my vinyl.

haha @Mark84

HaHa great banter :grinning:

1 Like

One thing I will say is this ,the Atom will sound great even with so called budget speakers ,my Q Acoustics 3020i cost £199 with a 6 year warranty and sound brilliant with the Atom ,and are pretty living room friendly too,good luck in deciding :+1:

3 Likes

Don’t forget. You could now go Atom HE and connect to active speakers.

4 Likes

Bingo!

Atom HE is the solution.

Not for everyone. Not for me at least.

If you can stretch a bit further and don’t mind buying used a pre loved Supernait 2/ NDX will come in at around £3,000 add around £1,000 for some used Proac Tablette 10’s and you’ll have a cracking starter system.

5 Likes

I put together my first Naim system on a tight budget this year. A 5italic amp ($800cdn, as-new), NAT05 tuner ($600cdn, as new), California Audio Sigma tube DAC ($200, as new), Apple Airport with optical out & an iPad Pro.

Speakers are Monitor Audio SE20 25th Anniversary. ($1000 CDN, as new)

4 Likes

Thanks to all for your input, brilliant !

1 Like

I think they do some floor standers , that would negate the need for stands - certainly it’s a combo I would happily consider - given the budget

Hold on, boy, it is just a very beginning!

3 Likes

AE 500 should work fine for the small room despite the fact they are ported.

1 Like

:joy::joy:

I’d be inlined to go for a ND5 XS 2 with a ex-demo NAIT 5Si and a cheap pair of speakers, such as the wonderful Q Acoustics 3030i/3020i. NAC A5 and save for their dedicated stands @ £159.

4 Likes

I was considering these speakers, but ended with Spendor 3/5 and Nait 5si. However, if the budget is tight, they are a plausible way. However, they are ported and might require some space behind them.

1 Like

I ran an Atom with Proac Tab 10’s and it is a match made in heaven - real synergy between the two

3 Likes

Wish I’d done this b4 the Mu-so :pensive: