Statement Considerations

The best thing me neighbour ever said to me was “I hope my music’s not been disturbing you…”

I hadn’t even heard it - nor he mine! :laughing:

72db is the level of a normal people having a conversation … should K stop talking too?
:rofl: :grinning:

4 Likes

Hello Mitch. Before I became I member I read your thread with interest - was brilliant. Perhaps I’ve missed it, but have you a picture with the Statement in place?

They complained because they could hear it outside behind my home. Of course it wasn’t as loud as the bird I could hear inside my home. They’re trying to turn our HOA into a retirement community or some nonsense. All they need to do is raise their ambient noise level by 3 dB and we could all live in peace.

I’ve been in their homes when they were complaining. I couldn’t hear anything beyond what sounded like a fingernail tapping on my side of the shared wall. One of them threatened to sue me for “mental anguish” and “mental harassment” whatever that is.

5 Likes

Sounds like the mental anguish has already taken its toll! LOL

I’ve posted this before, but here it is again…

16 Likes

This isn’t a retirement community or an over 55 HOA which exists in the USA for people who want extra quite living spaces. The fact they’re 80+ years old doesn’t give them special rights to rezone our property. I’ve been extremely accommodating of them past nine years.

I DO NOT LISTEN TO LOUD MUSIC. We live in a city and one neighbor complains about being woken up in the middle of the night from the traffic… at least 100 feet from her property line. Never once has traffic woken me up. She even complained that she could hear my bathtub. She wants to control when I take a bath. Also she said my home looked like a “whore house” in front of my 10 year old daughter. She demanded I take out the orange lightbulb from my porch light.

I bought this property because it’s a work of art and I’m not going to move just because I can or “should”.

8 Likes

How about the special phono and headphone amp you ordered ? Some news ?

I’ve cleaned up this thread a bit. Let’s stay away from the ad hominem comments casting judgement and calling each other names. Thanks.

4 Likes

Perhaps you type rather noisily.

6 Likes

I’ve noticed that kind of behaviour on a number of threads Richard, thank god for common sense, and somebody with the ‘master edit’ facility!!

1 Like

Not wishing to place my head too far over the parapet but wouldn’t the money be better spent on a really serious pair of headphones & associated amplification. Solves all the issues in one stroke.
Sennheiser Orpheus HE 1 perhaps?

From my experience there does not exist a pair of headphones that can equal the SQ or even come close to that of a good system :relaxed:

2 Likes

My preference would always be for speakers - but in this specific situation headphones may offer a solution?

Headphones could be considered a compromise but sound insulation may offer a possible solution :relaxed:

Katzky, I think you possibly need to give up “full range” speakers in your situation. Lower frequencies will probably travel even easier to your neighbors… I use Magico S1 mk2 with nap300dr and they sound very open already at low volume (read tv news volume), especially with less dense music. obviously they open up and the soundstage increase if volumes are turned up and are not the ultimate rock speaker, but this is the compromise I have come to terms with living in an apartment. Would love to have an S1 pre instead of my 552, can not for my life imagine balance would be upset :slight_smile:

1 Like

It sounds like you have very difficult neighbours, I have them too. What a pain they have been when I redeveloped my property and they cost me thousands in legal fees and structual changes, I still don’t talk to them.

I had concerns about noise levels and at which time I play loud music, so I built a sound proof room similar to the spec. of a recording studio. I don’t trouble anyone at all and I’m up very late listening to music. Is this something you could do at your place?

Another thought, have you tried near field listening? You get all the detail at a lower volume, there’s a whole thread here somewhere that I was part of. I sit 2 metres away from massive floor standing Ovator s800s - they sound marvellous!

4 Likes

For the purposes of clarification, I do not have any issues with neighbours and my concern was more directed towards @Katzky2021 and his ongoing struggles.

I live in the country with no immediate neighbours which means that I am able to listen to music as loud as I like without any issues and I’m really glad that you’ve been able to redevelop your property to allow you to appreciate music in the ‘fullest’ sense. I wish you total immersion with your magnificent system :relaxed:

@Katzky2021

I may have missed this…

Do you live in a condo or suchlike, or a detached property (you mentioned a porchlight) ?
(I’m not sure the US has semi-detached).

I live in a terraced upper floor flat (apartment) so I can imagine how my music affects my downstairs/next door neighbours at times. We get along…thankfully.

Can’t imagine your situation with a detached house.
Having crap neighbours is a nightmare - our recently departed weedhead crashabout nightowls were …my sympathies.

Sorry, thread drift…

The other answer here of course is a pair of n-SATs, i’d love to hear a Statement amp up ‘em! :grin: