Statement disappointment

Hey Mitch, curious if you sold your 552?

I did, to someone on this Forum.

1 Like

Lol… all good… cheers Mitch

I guess it will finance the Mitch switch :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Nah…I still need to pay off the Statement. That’s going to take a while.

1 Like

blimey.

Does Naim contact you now?

Gosh.

Mitch, I believe that Mark Bonner has now messaged you to follow things up.

6 Likes

Mark has emailed me today. Thank you for your assistance. I have requested he give me a call to discuss a few questions…

Just as a follow-up, I just got off the phone with Mark Bonner, head of Naim service. We had a most pleasant conversation and I found him to be quite helpful.

15 Likes

Glad to hear this. Is there a solution for your case?

Unfortunately, not a comprehensive one. As was suggested earlier in this thread, I could plug my CD555 directly into my Revox in order to record. I would then need to switch the output on the CD player from DIN to RCA, using the remote, each time I want to record. I would then control the volume through the preamp within the Revox. This “solution” would still not allow for recording from the TT. The second “solution”, also suggested on this thread, would be to connect a second set of cables to the Statement preamp’s DIN (unbalanced) output jacks into my Revox. That would allow for recording from both the CD and TT but would also, according to Jason Gould and Mark Bonner, lead to a very significant degradation of Statement quality. I believe Jason said a 30% reduction! Obviously, that would not be acceptable.

So that leaves the “Mitch Switch”, mentioned above in this thread. It will cost some extra coin but the result will be improved TT performance, compatibility with the Headline, and the ability to do recording from both the TT and CD without any loss of quality.

3 Likes

Just a follow-up to my previous post…

I do not want there to any misunderstanding. I am completely satisfied with my Statement system as well as with the help and communication I received today. My initial disappointment was not the fault of Naim and at no point did I ever blame the company. It was just some frustration with the realization that I would not be able to do everything with the Statement that I was able to do with the 552. the Statement was designed this way to maximize the reproduction of sound. Let me assure anyone who is reading this, mission accomplished!

18 Likes

To be fair Mitch has conceded this in earlier posts.
So, Naim have tried to help, no dice.
Mitch has contingency plan, good.
Do we need to perpetuate this thread from here on?
I do not think any of us want to see it morph into another End Of My Tether thread…

7 Likes

Do we need to perpetuate this thread from here on?

Well said, and I agree. There is (and has been for quite awhile) no need to continue this conversation.

Thanks again, to all those who have offered constructive suggestions and advice!!!

9 Likes

Happy ending to a problem let’s all raise a glass to it and put a lock on it :blush:, now I hope the mitch switch works it sounds interesting

3 Likes

I suggest not to close this topic but to rename it and continue the pleasant parts of the conversation - if that works.

The Mitch Switch is world famous before it exists, looking forward to the results!

I have to say that Mitch Switch also sounds a bit like a sixties dance type …

3 Likes

No…that was the Mitch Twitch!

4 Likes

Thanks, but no worries…I have brass balls.

5 Likes