Statement disappointment

Yes, that’s about it.

Yes. I have a B77 so I am not sure about your PR 99 but I think you must be able to connect the record in on the PR 99 to the cd player and the out on the PR 99 to the statement pre for monitoring

No worries. I was just in a foul mood. Sorry for the snarky response.

1 Like

Time to crack open a whisky

14 Likes

Might be the best advice I’ve gotten today! LOL

13 Likes

So it appears that recording from a record will no longer be viable. The only way to do that would be to crawl behind my rig and have a second IC which I would need to switch into my TT rig, with XLR jacks for the Revox end. the thought of that is very unpleasant.

And as far my Headline is concerned, I suppose that is a lost cause. I can’t imagine why Naim would design a system which cannot accommodate headphones. I guess it will be relegated to the second system in the basement where it will do a superb job of collecting dust.

You can still investigate what I and Robert h said about using the unbalanced outputs from the statement preamp. I think that should work and if you get a QED tape switch box as recommended by Richard Dane you can connect your reel to reel and headphone preamp

1 Like

Well

As Clare pointed out I think a lot of the experience you are seeking is just the fun of the whole R2R thing. I doubt even if the statement worked in the way you hoped you would expect the sound quality to be the same as a, say, hi Rez stream. Would a possible solution that is easy be to just record the R2R on your second system, and then play through the statement. No need to start changing cables etc. May not be exactly what you want but I suspect will still be pretty enjoyable after the initial angst

Mitch, I’m sorry to read about your troubles with recording. I’ve followed your pre-purchase story with some excitement and thoroughly enjoyed you bringing us along for your journey to the top of Statement Mountain. Hopefully this setback doesn’t dissuade you from enjoying your new kit. A whiskey sounds like a good option about now!

2 Likes

Great news Mitch :clap:t2:
Call me a sheep, but I feel the header on this thread is slightly misplaced.
The nearest analogy I can think of is taking delivery of a beautifully specced Ford GT, and then realising it doesn’t fit in your garage… and then go WTF!! :thinking: Good luck and enjoy Peter

5 Likes

Apologies stand though. In these times, we are all a little emotionally fragile and sometimes we (me) do not take enough care in how we express ourselves.

1 Like

Watch it, Clare l. Don’t you start dissing me beloved Revox!:sunglasses:

3 Likes

You can still investigate what I and Robert h said about using the unbalanced outputs from the statement preamp. I think that should work and if you get a QED tape switch box as recommended by Richard Dane you can connect your reel to reel and headphone preamp.

I believe I was told by Jason Gould that using the unbalanced outputs, and especially both the balanced and unbalanced outputs, degrades the performance of the Statement significantly. I’ll need to look into that further.

Watch it, Clare l. Don’t you start dissing me beloved Revox!:sunglasses:

Ditto!!!

Apologies stand though. In these times, we are all a little emotionally fragile and sometimes we (me) do not take enough care in how we express ourselves.

Seriously, it’s all good. I’m about to take the excellent advice given earlier and have a sip of a fine whisky. I suggest you do the same.

Cheers!!!

3 Likes

Ahh…it’s amazing how a glass of Balvenie 21 can lift spirits (pun intended).

9 Likes

You won’t be the first and certainly not the last not to look into things properly so I would not beat yourself up to much I’m sure in a weeks time with the forum and Internet something out there is available to solve your problem be it a box or some lead I’m sure it’s solvable

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ve already gotten some excellent feedback…and then there’s that Balvenie 21!

2 Likes

Chardonnay for me…sorry FR, it’s a New World variety!

1 Like