Statements/ Solstice show

With your EAR maybe, break the Naim chain and the rules change.

The rack and non-Naim cables may or may not change the sound for the better, for the worse, or not at all, I donā€™t know.

But from a branding perspective itā€™s odd. If Naim makes cables and racks for their gear, yet other brands are considered to have better ability in a demo, what does this suggest about Naimā€™s TT building ability?

1 Like

A lot of members here , with 500 series and more systems, use non Naim cables, as Anzus, Chord, and Lunar for instance.
These same persons had previously Superlumina and Powerlines.

3 Likes

The Fraim was not designed for the Solstice.

Of course not. The boffins at Naim have not yet invented a time machine (AFAIK). But Iā€™d be willing to bet that the Solstice was designed using a Fraimā€¦

6 Likes

And sounds wonderful on the Fraimā¤ļø

2 Likes

May I ask what was the initial configuration before switching to the Charlin? In addition, would you be so kind to recall roughly how many hours elapsed before you were able to resume listening on the Charlin? :relaxed:

5 Likes

I was talking about the branding.

Thatā€™s a Fraim :slight_smile: Sure, the TT is on a stone slab (and Iā€™m pleased to see slate, I think - are you sure itā€™s granite?), but thatā€™s not another brand diluting the marketing message

And on the technical side, the PS and phono stage are on Fraim levels that were very much designed for these things

I have very similar ones in my workshop for holding metal tubes in a vise. I think i paid 80 dollars for 8 of these. I could also have made them by myself for (almost) free.

Now i remember why this hobby is not taken seriously by most peopleā€¦

1 Like

My Solstice tt seems very much at home on Fraim. No footfall or other issues. Fraim is on typical US ā€˜suspendedā€™ hardwood flooring construction.

1 Like

I heard the 10 first minutes without the additional base. The system was running since the morning. I came around 6 pm.
Ten minutes after the Charlin base was put. The improvement was immediate.

Suedkiez, I am not the dealer. He sells not only Naim, but also his Charlin brand and other brands. His choices can be criticised, but there are the dealer choices.
I find it a bit sad that some are wanting to see only an all Naim system, from components to interconnects , power and rack.
Personally the past dealer didnā€™t liked the aesthetics of the Fraim for example.
As for cables, he liked Kharma.

2 Likes

The installation was done by Naim France. Apparently they accepted the system like that.

Here is the first Solstice pictures, Naim advertising his turntable, not on a Fraim.

6 Likes

Could you please elaborate? What do you mean without the additional base? Am I under the impression the dealer is promoting their own wares (Charlin) ? :relaxed:

I know, Iā€™m not arguing against you. Iā€™ just posting my thoughts about what I think are odd choices from a marketing point of view

True, but thereā€™s also no sound coming out of this without amps. And its not a competitor rack

1 Like

I like the Diablos more and more.

They look very good, indeed . Specially the monitors.