Statements/ Solstice show

I heard a Statement a few years back that was “run in” and it sounded awesome. Think Richard maybe correct it needs to have the cables that were designed for it to bring out the best it can offer. It’d certainly pony up for one if I could afford it.

2 Likes

Did Mrs Pete ban you from buying it 🥲

2 Likes

No my bank account. :scream:

2 Likes

It may be that too effectively. The interconnects and speakers cables were not Naim.

Settle down after a switch off a couple of days.

I have sometimes whined about NAC’s stiffness and unfriendliness until the day I decided to place the system the way Naim intended - which, BTW, was also convenient for the logistics and aesthetics of our living room: e.g., with the rich on one wall and the speakers on another, with a corner between them and the need for some 5 mt. of speaker wire.

At that time, NAC A5 not only became much less unfriendly - it goes perfectly well around corners, in spite of the common urban legend, and stays put against the skirting board - but actually proved to be the best possible option; its very stiffness became a resource.

Recently I have read much about speaker wires, I now only need two mt. per side and wanted to finally find a solution that was conceptually, electrically and visually sensible, avoiding multiple options and infinite choices, which I hate. Everything seemed to have undesired qualities. Nothing seemed to have all and only the desired qualities.

Except the NAC A5. I’ll end up buying the remaining 4 mt. from my dealer’s roll and using it. It’s solid, it’s black and it is electrically sensible and performing. As for things like QED Silver Anniversary, I can’t stand anymore any cable that appears to have a ‘sound’ of its own.

5 Likes

It’s obviously the rack on one wall.

Totally agree with you Max.

Where Dems are concerned I would want my dealer to start the process with an all Naim loom. Naim, or any manufacturer really, deserves to be heard as the designers intended. By all means tinker with cables after that if that is your choice. My personal preference is to keep everything Naim apart from my LP12. Perhaps it’s the scientist in me controlling variables….

5 Likes

Btw…it’s Luna, not Lunar. A huge improvement over the HiLine and PowerLine cables.

2 Likes

Why does every demo have Diana Krall. There’s much better available.

3 Likes

Mitch, you’ve seen my Luna
Black, fluffy, 8lbs and seems to like u….
Inky black not totally silent😉

3 Likes

Yeah, I don’t hate Diana, but give me some Buddy Guy any day for my demo music.

4 Likes

Yeah…I don’t hate her either. It’s just that there are SO many better choices!

Nora Jones?

3 Likes

Diana Krall, Pink Floyd, Brothers in Arms, Kind of Blue……it’s hopeless :scream:

6 Likes

I use a few tracks of hers from Come Away WIth Me as audition music as her voice can go from sublime to rather harsh depending on the mid/treble. A bit of over-emphasis (at I dont know exactly what frequencies) and her voice turns ‘a bit much.’

1 Like

When I heard SL2 speakers dem’ed many years ago, Nils Lofgren was used as, I suspect, akin to DK, it’s primarily mid/uppers, which won’t potentially excite a listening environment. Of course, this is all pretty lighter-weight music.

And with Statement amps (esp the pre), as I’ve heard with my own ears, the bass output is very constrained until ~7/10 days post turn-on from cold, whether run-in or not. I’ve always wondered how a Statement-amped system can be listened to with any reliance at shows et al given this, unless Naim have a transport vehicle (like some of the meals-on-wheels vans in the UK), whereby the Statement boxes are kept powered up/on idle while being transported :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve that record in wav files :slight_smile:

Noooooo! …have you got the decimal point in the wrong place? …surely you must have!?!?

2 Likes

It’s for Hifi……the decimal point moves to the right by at least one place😁

5 Likes