Steely Dan on Analogue Productions

I’ve asked Steve Hoffman for clarification. Be interesting to see if he comes back to me.

1 Like

S.H. tells me that these companies cannot officially export outside the U.S. but it is done “unofficially” at extra expense to the importer.

1 Like
4 Likes

Really looking forward to these pukka remasters from the the king of remasters Bernie Grundman ,the first one ‘Cant buy a thrill’ was one of the first albums i bought for my first ‘proper’ hi fi in '73.
The deluxe box sets look pricey and are limited editions too,so i’ll stick to the single albums

1 Like

Most of my original SD vinyl is in pretty poor condition or lost long time ago. I knew I still had some in the loft so dug them out, two probe releases and one MCA. There might be some tracks that will still play OK, might give them a good clean up and check them out.

3 Likes

He cut the vinyl release of my 2001 album, Songs of “The Golf Wars.” he’s great!

For anyone who’s interested the Everything Must Go and Two Against Nature sacds are now in stock at Acoustic Sounds.

1 Like

I’ve just ordered Two Against Nature and Everything Must Go on sacd from Importcds. Discs plus postage and vat $84. In stock and didn’t seem too expensive.

1 Like

I notice Michael45 RPM off YT has some agreement now in place to ship Acoustic Sounds material in Europe. Shipping in Germany is cheap (8 euros I think) but 24 euros to rest of Europe. Not sure it makes it any cheaper for those of us in the UK wanting to order given the euro price of the material.

I agree absolutely. How can a record company possibly justify $150 or €220 for a single disc? That’s blatant profiteering. To answer my own question, I suppose that there must be more mug punters out there than I had thought possible.

There’s not a chance that I shall go for this con. I’d love to imagine that the record company will end up stuck with a pile of unsold stock.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.