Steve Harley r.i.p

What a shame, he died this morning after fighting cancer. He wrote some iconic songs and i have happy memories listening to his music.
R.i.p Steve.

14 Likes

Oh that’s a shame. Thanks for the music

1 Like

Really sad news - his voice part of the soundtrack to my youth, RIP.

6 Likes

His vocal phrasing on “make me smile” always struck a chord with me❤️

5 Likes

Not to forget his great work with the Alan Parsons Project as well !

4 Likes

Quite unbelievable - that is a shocker.

3 Likes

Now inviting to come up and see me RIP Steve.

2 Likes

RIP Steve.

2 Likes

That’s crap news, RIP Steve.

2 Likes

Very sad, another from my youthful memories. RIP.

2 Likes

Blimey, another one! This is getting too regular for my liking…

RiP Steve.

3 Likes

The wheel of life turns and another figure from my youth passes on…

I thought he was older than 73, but when you are a teenager as I was in the 70’s, people older than me did seem, well, older.

I just realised how many olders there are in that last sentence

6 Likes

Great pity. Saw him live about 10 to 12 years ago playing solo. Great show of an underrated and brilliant musician/ songwriter.

4 Likes

It’s an age thing. :wink: :rofl:

1 Like

Very sad news. I last saw him not that long ago at Birmingham Town Hall.
I’d had a few beers and the show had its ups and downs.
An exquisite Sebastian.
I came out singing at the top of my voice “Oh dear look what they’ve done to the blues blues blues”.
I wasn’t the only one mind.
That’s how I will remember him.

RIP Steve.

3 Likes

Sad news indeed. For me, Cockney Rebel’s Psychomodo is one of the seminal albums of the 70’s. I bought a new copy of the LP about 2 years ago as my original had been played almost to destruction. It still stands up well.
RIP Steve.

1 Like

Another good guy leaves us. A visitor to Naim introduced by Louise a good friend of Julians brought Steve to the factory, we had a lovely interesting lunch together at the Radnor Arms talking about all things music related as you can imagine- a totally gracious intelligent and super nice guy! definitely made us smile:)

12 Likes

Second thread on this .

@Richard.Dane, one to merge with the other thread, I think

1 Like

Saw him live dozens of times over etc the years,first time was at the Liverpool Empire,early 70’s,he fell off stage into the orchestra pit,back on after ten minutes,he was always never less than brilliant.RIP Steve.

1 Like