Storm Eunice

Well, power just gone off. I wonder how long that will be for. Luckily, some of my kit is on UPS, so phones will work for a while…

Very blowy here now, and its peeing down!

We’ve had our first power cut. Luckily only for an hour or so, which means it was probably the exposed cables crossing. Unfortunately 4G seems log-jammed and is not working. I took the opportunity to take Louby-Lou out for a walk. She ran to the middle of the field, did her business, and then ran back home. Clever girl…

3 Likes

Sunny and just breezy in Norfolk… for now apparently…

BBC wether have just extended the +70mph gust forecast in my area, it was only 2 hours from 10:00 but now is expected to be all day until 16:00.
I just read that a gust of 110mph (177km/h) has been recorded at The Needles on the Isle of Wight.

By the way, for anyone lucky enough to still have internet connection and power, take a look at the Ventusky site. There you can see wind flows and speeds. Right now Cornwall, North Devon and Southern Wales seem to be getting the worst of it.

9 Likes

Cool site.

2 Likes

Big Jet TV is good today. More ‘go-arounds’ than landings!
If you’ve not seen Big Jet TV before, its a constant live feed, so patience needed waiting for the next one to have a go, keeping in mind that today most flights into LHR are diverted or cancelled.

7 Likes

Addictive TV. Thank heavens my package of LPs from Acoustic Sounds landed at Stansted last night. :grinning:

2 Likes

The speed of the gusts is amazing. It’s a very clever website for sure.

2 Likes

My Galaxie has taken a tumble !!

1 Like

Ouch, hope it stays like that pending repair.

Yes ouch, but is that pole aluminium ??? Ron Smith used to recommend steel.

Yes - pretty blowy here now (power back on, though). Some of our beeches have lost large branches, and a large part of one of the poplars has come down. Mostly around 35 to 40+ mph at the moment. Not as strong as last Wednesday, 66mph.

It’s blowing a hooley here in Portsmouth. Luckily most of the power is in the ground, so no problems thus far…

What happens if you wake up in Kansas? Would that be a good or bad thing?

1 Like

Umm….good question

1 Like

Famous last words, but I don’t think the storm has turned out as bad as first feared - at least in my locale. Hope it’s the same for everyone else - stay safe!