Stuck a Linear Power Supply on My Switch - Blimey! 😱

I doubt it will sound better than your actual connection , but we never know.

1 Like

Well, thanks in part to this thread, I’m now at EE8/Farad3 plus Shunyata Omega level from NAS to NDS (Aq Vodka from NAS to EE8).

Quite frankly it’s astonishing compared to where I started (C-stream plus Netgear switch into an NDX). Never heard my NDS sound so good.

Had some Lab-4 blasting out last night, great level of detail, realism of studio effects & soundstage & positioning of sounds in front of me.

Makes it all worth it when the system puts such a smug smile on one’s face.

2 Likes

You haven’t heard what NDS is capable of until you feed it with a clean low noise great digital signal :+1: It’s a sensitive box.

3 Likes

Same as FR……to get the reclocking of anything from the Melco when streaming it needs to pass through the Phoenixnet. Which does beg the question, would a clock on the ER and the Melco make a difference, hence i really need a dealer home demo.

2 Likes

Do you mean an Ansuz power cable switch and Ethernet cable?

No I mean a proper switch and power supply and Ethernet cable. There are many options out there. But I’ve had great results with Ansuz :+1:

2 Likes

On my 300 NC system the EE8 + Farad 3 (incl purple fuse and level 2 copper cable) + Chord Signature Ethernet cable sounds excellent. No further upgrade plans for me.

2 Likes

Made me laugh - had the same moments a few weeks back with my vodka, diamond… sigma journey

2 Likes

Which power cord are you using on the PN?

I am not Drago, but if you ask, I use an entry level Entreq ( but already around 1,2 k euros).

1 Like

Noise is easily mistaken for attack and edge or excitement in the sound, in my experience and once used to that excitement it can be difficult to take the next step. However, you seem to have been able to.

Which Ethernet cable do you have on your last leg now?

1 Like

Powerline

Exactly what you said.
Modest Catsnake in full floating setup. I’m eyeing a Chord Epic or similar. I need 1.5m so isn’t not the most affordable upgrade. It’s hard for me to justify such an expensive ethernet cable, but I cannot believe how much the LPS+EE8 fine-tuned the sound of my NC 300 system. I’m positive the eth cable will add to it.

2 Likes

Thanks! Yeah I’m glad I got that part of my system sorted. Shame I still have some ethernet cable upgrading to do :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m afraid of even mentioning the Neotech Ethernet cables since some on this forum got a bit provoked by my endorsement in another thread but it feels wrong to not at least say, give them a go, if you can. Of particular interest is the silver variant. It’s about the same price as the Chord Epic, perhaps a bit cheaper.

2 Likes

I found the opposite. Changed from Chord SignatureX / Epic / Clearway to CatSnake Floating and it sounded much better.

Before selling on the cables, tried the SignatureX from the final switch to the streamer to hear if it made a difference.

No, it did not and was sold on.

DG…

Interesting, which switch and PS do you have?

1 Like

Thx for the suggestion, I’ll take a look.

2 Likes

Had the Chord EE8 and stock SMPS.

Now got a NetGear GS105 and an iFI iPower2 SMPS.

AGAIN, no difference when I swapped them over.

DG…

That’s because you run a loom of catsnake :wink:

3 Likes