Sunrise & Sunsets - Show us yours

Thanks Mike, I’m off to sit in the bush and paint it tomorrow, haven’t worked outside for years.

1 Like

Glorious light in the ‘golden hour’ on the East Coast yesterday just prior to sunset… here is the Martello Tower at Shingle Street on Hollesley Bay, Suffolk

10 Likes

Mrs Bruss snapped this on her ipad Saturday evening while I was away.

7 Likes

Just now.

12 Likes

Sunrise from the Rialto bridge on our recent trip to Venice

24 Likes

Monte do Gozo (Hill of Joy) on the morning I completed my Pilgrimage from Pamplona to Santiago de Compostela on 25 Oct 2018. Shame modern developments have obscured the historic first view of the pilgrimage destination.

@Alley_Cat, @PaulM Like Eddie Butler RIP, I was raising money for Prostate Cancer.

Much more impact if you click the screen.

Phil

4 Likes

From our hotel room this morning

7 Likes

That is a fantastic shot Phil after what I can only assume has been a very worthwhile & challenging pilgrimage for such a worthy (& close to home) cause. Well done! I hope that you enjoyed it and now have some time to spend there before heading back.
I heard about Eddie’s passing - such a great talent and again, taken way too early. Also a follow Welshman.
Well done once again.

@Richard.Dane - do you think that you could reopen the Radiotherapy or removal thread briefly so that I can post an update on my decision etc.

No problem Paul, the thread has been re-opened for you.

1 Like

Hi Paul, I forgot to date the event as 25 Oct 2018. It was the experience of a lifetime and left me feeling I wanted to do the Via Francigena to Rome. I was gearing up to do The Old Way from Southampton to Canterbury when the pandemic struck. Life has been a bit confined since. It will take a lot of training to get back in shape and I think it will have to be more leisurely and comfortable.

Seeing AC’s post about Eddie reminded me and it was so sad he died. Certainly I need to be more cautious if do anything like that again.

I have a video if you are interested.

Phil

Great to hear that this was amazing back in 2018 Phil; it looks like you got that in just in time! I take your point on the fitness levels required to do such journeys and the impact of the pandemic on this so good luck if you do get the chance to do either the Rome or Canterbury walks.
The news about Eddie just shows that it can arrive at anytime or place.

A daytime picture of Malcolm from Australia who had walked from Le Puy en Valle. Malcolm’s wife was meeting him at the end so he ran out of time and took the train from Burgos to Leon. As long as you walk the last 100km you get a certificate.

The fellowship of the Pilgrimage is one of its great joys. It is an opportunity to escape from day to day life and rediscover yourself. Best done without the trappings of wealth apart from an occasional indulgence.

Phil

1 Like

I’m on the Camino at the moment, just 48km to go.
Great way to zone out from all the worldly issues

2 Likes

Look forward to hearing more!

Phil

7 Likes

In the words of a famous singer---- the hips don’t lie!!
(Or the blisters)

So not sure if this as good as a picture but this is how my bedroom looked the other day. Liked how all the dark surrounded the window of the beautiful sunset.

7 Likes

Symi, this morning

11 Likes

A day to stay low

10 Likes

Son Matias

12 Likes