Superlumina speaker cables: No - Boogie?

I didn’t. Also found it lost some timbre and texture. Rather disappointed despite loving the build quality

Right. My Chord Epic Twin and Pure Note Cerulean speaker cables are boxed up ready to ship to the dealer. Whilst waiting for the Chord Signature XL to arrive, I am currently listening to the system with the NACA5.

After listening to the Chord Epic Twin for more than a year, I could pick up the differences rather easily after switching to the NACA5. Some of the main differences as follows;

1. Bass quality. Deep bass is missing with the NACA5. The bass on the NACA5 does not go as deep as the Chord Epic Twin. As a result, the bass sounds half-baked as it does possess the visceral impact and punch of the Epic Twin. When I turned up the volume in an attempt to attain the similar bass punch of the Epic Twin, everything became too loud and the bass still didn’t have the punch.

2. Soundstage is shallower with the NACA5. Some instruments in the background do not come out from the plane as much as the Chord Epic Twin, sounding a little soft or subdued. Music sounds more bunched up together with the NACA5, it’s like all instruments are located between 2nd and 3rd row whereas with the Chord Epic, instruments are located in a larger space from 2nd to 6th row.

With rock music the differences are not so obvious although still noticeable. With jazz and fusion, the differences are more obvious with music losing some sparkle especially in the treble, and not forgetting the punch in the bass.

THe NACA5 still has the boogie though. Great fun but I prefer the Chord Epic to the NACA5 mainly for the reasons as mentioned above.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.