Supermarket Snobbery 2

She can’t work for Tescos… not enough tattoos :wink:

I don’t really mind Tesco to be honest, just it’s noticeable how the product/food ranges seem to match local demographics.

Funnily enough our ‘nicer’ Tesco is also close to some student halls and the University Hospital.

Waitrose is opposite the private hospital.

That you can see anyway…

I confess I did wonder for a few minutes if she was some celebrity or other named Vogel I’ve never heard of.

1 Like

Your description fits the Guildford Tesco’s?

Not to be confused with Vogons

3 Likes

We’ll be discusing bad poetry next.

3 Likes
"Oh freddled gruntbuggly,
Thy micturations are to me
As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
Groop, I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes,
And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts
With my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"
6 Likes

I wasn’t quite sure how to spell it!

1 Like

You might think that, but I couldn’t possibly comment…

Come on. Some of you guys must have a wife you could send shopping.

Mine goes to Asda or Sainsbury’s. Just depends how much cash she left over at the end of the week. :grinning:

Although I must confess I do like to go for a walk to Lidl to pick up a few bottles of lager and what ever irresistible DIY tools and equipment they happen to be selling.

As others have alluded to, I tend to find that branches of the big supermarkets can vary, depending on size and location. For us in the North-West we also have the Waitrose of the North, Booths Supermarkets, which I tend to prefer to Waitrose, not least because Booths have a fantastic beer collection!

3 Likes

That is a great reason.

I’ll definitely pop in next time I’m in Knutsford. :thinking:

1 Like

Careful how you say that after a few of those beers.

1 Like

I don’t have any Tattoos.

When I was with my ex, who was from Harrogate, we used to shop in Booths’ Ripon branch. Lovely shop.

2 Likes

Booths was mentioned on the older thread, must keep an eye out if I’m ever in the region.

Sainsbury’s is the only supermarket I know that always sells a big bag of spring greens.
Marks and Sparks always have kalettes and Aldi for the best German smoked sausage and fresh sauerkraut.
Waitrose for the best selection of inedible nibbles you give to guests at Christmas.

1 Like

I find all those stupid Xmas nibbles to be awful value, generally tacky and of limited appeal, and that applies to all supermarkets who partake in selling them.

2 Likes

Yes, I forgot they have a couple of branches in Yorkshire as well.

A minaturised version of a roast dinner stuffed in to a yorkshire pudding the size of a 50p coin.

2 Likes