Supernait 3 smaller bookshelf speaker?

Thanks HH - yes I’m thinking OP needs speakers somewhat smaller around 30cm height or thereabouts

The KEF’s probably pumping out quite some base so would need to be out a bit from back wall

What amplification are you using?

Yes the Kef R3 do pump out a lot of base, I got them when I used a Rega Brio, so less power than the SN3 and manageable. Like you say I want to tone everything down a bit with a smaller speaker.

As you can see I’m a Neat Speaker fan , they work for me and have a great live music feel and work very well with the SN3

But that’s just me in my room which is similar dimensions to yours

But there are other great small standmount speakers out there also , so try and listen to quite a number without getting overwhelmed

Cheers

1 Like

Supernait 3.

1 Like

I think it’s room dependant I’ve had S20s and now 505s about 30 cm from the wall and they’re fine.

PMC 2522i

Another vote for the Spendor 4/5s. I’ve had mine for a year and they are fantastic speakers. A must listen.

1 Like

Or 2521i,small very good quality front port.

The other thing the OP said was that speakers needed to be similarly priced to the ProAcs. The Signatures are now £1,585, whereas the Kudos S10As are £4,600. That difference is certainly not room dependent. They do come up used for a lot less of course.

One of my favourite things about the Tablettes is how unobtrusive they are. The speakers are only 165mm deep, so with 90mm behind them the fronts are only 255mm from the wall.

The S10 is 270mm deep, so with 300mm behind them the fronts are 570mm from the wall. The question is whether that 315mm is important.

1 Like

What about the PMC DB1?

It will meet your requirement for size and price . Been around a helluva long time, which says something

I use to own the Neat Petite III’s with the EMIT tweeter, they were great, fun speakers that gelled so nicely with Naim. I’d buy another pair if I could find them.

I missed that so okay. Of course I can’t comment on the Proacs as I haven’t them which is actually shame as they are a very local company to me 7 miles up the road in Brackley.

Hungry Halibut, good point.
The R3’s are 300mm deep, they have to be a minimum of another 300mm from the wall even when the rear port is plugged to reduce ‘boom’.
I bought them before the SN3 when I was using my Rega Brio which is way less powerful and was a more controlled match, they really are good speakers. The SN3 is awesome and will be my final amp. The MM phono input is an excellent pairing with the LP12 and AT VM540ML cartridge and I can always get a Naim Stageline or other phono stage if I upgrade to a MC cartridge in the future. It’s also excellent with the Cyrus CDi so it’s a keeper. So it’s the case for smaller more controlled and reduced sound wise in your face speaker, an unusual situation I know when most folks are usually looking for a bit more ooomph.

2 Likes

If you can try and have a listen to the Neat Petite 30 anniversaries

Only 100 of them manufactured , came out late last year

You will be impressed I’m sure

2 Likes

I believe the response was so positive to those Ltd Ed Petites that Neat are going to relaunch a revised version with an even better crossover. Could be a little gem in the making.

Well that would be interesting Yeti

I bounce between the ministra’s and Petite 30 ‘s

Both have their strong points - there is something alluring about the Petite’s though that sways me their way

Also, the Guru Juniors have amazing bass (as well as everything else!), front ported and very easy to place.

When I posted last night I couldn’t remember where I read it, but found the article this morning - from the HiFi+ Munich Show Highlights news piece on their site…

“The 2021 limited edition Petite 30 to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of the little loudspeaker legend sold out fast, and such was its success that Neat Acoustics decided to launch the £1,995 Neat Petite Classic, which uses the same cabinet dimensions as the original Petite with the AMT tweeter and cone driver from the Petite 30 and a wholly new crossover network. On static display only, the textured black and satin white bass reflex stand-mount could just be the next giant-killer if past Petites are anything to go by.”

1 Like