Supernait 3 smaller bookshelf speaker?

Thanks Yeti

There’s a review on YouTube for the Petite 30 anniversary model where the guy goes over the top on reviewing it

Over enthusiastic one might say

But I happen to agree with him , it’s a beauty

Cheers

2 Likes

OP Focal Aria K2 906’s are also worth a look. Great synergy with Naim electronics.

Out of interest the model above the Aria K2 906’s, the Aria K2 926’s are amongst the ten most impressive loudspeakers I’ve heard over the years.

1 Like

The non k2 906’s certainly do well with my atom and will hopefully go well with the sn3 since I have one on order.

2 Likes

There’s an odd thing on amps called a volume control…!

As for speakers, very much a personal choice as they all sound different and contribute so much to the character of the sound. ATC and PMC both make on-wall speakers HTSxx Wafer xx models respectively, designed to be fixed to the wall (or even in it), obviating both the need for bringing away from wall, and the need for a stand beneath. With the limited budget, I suggest consider secondhand.

We use the SN3 with nSats and Naim factory stands via NACA5. They work very well with my Qutest and MacBookPro.

4 Likes

Yes I could imagine the nSats work very well with the SN3 Skip

I use my pair with CB gear 32.5/hicap/250

Pretty smart I must say

2 Likes

Oh they do, work very well indeed. Beautifully matched in all areas…

What fans we are of the nSats :+1::grinning:

1 Like

Aria 906’s do pair well with the SN3 :+1:

1 Like

My suggestion PMC 25.21?

Agreed. I have ATC SCM 7’s wedged into the bookshelves in the dining room (no other way I can house 'em), surrounded by general clutter and books and stuff and very close

to the walls. They sound really good. Tried lots of ported designs = not good. My ears my room etc - you know the drill.

Don’t discard Dali Menuet, a small monitor with incredible performance; it is not a BBC monitor, nor English, obviously, but it works perfectly just 3 inches from the wall and is amazing, with sound features very close to the BBC LS3/5 standard and floorstander’s sound. The new SE version is even more incrementally spectacular. My two pence…

2 Likes

PFGI, that’s what I’m aiming for, non ported speakers I can shift anywhere as my room size 4x4m, large window almost all of one wall and furniture etc limit my choices. Will have a look at SCM7’s cheers

Newcomer, researching the Dali Minuets too. I have my original system in a slightly smaller room 4x3m AT LP5 Nagoaka MP110, Rega Brio and Dali Zensor 3’s. I’m now comparing the Kef R’3 with the Zensor 3’s in the main system and I’m surprised how good they are with the SN3, they’ve toned down the sound and they can be used 5cm from the back wall when ports plugged with the sponges. They are someway towards what I’m looking looking for. Cheers

1 Like

Sealed box speakers are usually more forgiving with regard to positioning. If looking at ATC, I’d also consider the 11s, which some regard as a bit easier to drive. Both 7s and 11s are available in wall-mounted versions if that would work for you.

Roger

Will have a look at SCM 7’s and 11’s
Cheers

Don’t discard them.

I really enjoy the ProAc Tablette 10 SE, the Spendor 4/5 and the Dali Menuet, in three different systems and rooms: the Tablette 10 SE and the 4/5 are objectively better (as their price tag already indicates); but depending on the room, the system and the ears, the Menuet do not lag behind, being able to become even more musical and definitive (in small to medium rooms they are a bomb, rear port reflex but very tolerant without ports plugged with sponges).

Good luck!

3 Likes

Add the SCM19 when checking out the ATC:s. Slightly larger sealed boxes but using a truly excellent bass/mid element. They should allow your SN3 amp to shine. Historically I’ve used Linn Sara and the cleverly engineered Naim SBL closed to wall but anything on the s/h market is probably to old to bother with now.

The Naim nSat (also discontinued) worked fine against the wall. I am still using a pair of old sealed-box Acoustic Energy active AE22’s monitors in the studio, excellent up against a wall - I tried to replace them with modern much more expensive Genelecs with the DSP/room correction package last year but it didn’t work out.

I’ve also been very happy for many years with Rogers LS3/5a speakers driven by Naim 135’s.

At double the price of the ProAc:s the Audio Note AN-K is a sealed box designed to sit near to the rear wall. At ten times the price there are the active Kii Three which use lots of elements and DSP to eliminate the sound reflecting from the rear-wall, but the built in Class-D amps was no good and far from a Naim-amp.

1 Like

You’re welcome. I have another pair of 7’s upstairs on the end of a Supernait 2. Into the Supernait are hifi sources, plus my sons Roland Drum kit, my Digital audio workstation and a Scarlett 2i4 interface. Into this interface I run mics and keyboards. The waveforms produced by the various audio creating software is a very challenging load. These little 7’s are overbuilt and throw out some serious SPL’s. There aren’t many hi-fi speakers that could do this without melting something. I really am a fan.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.