Supernait 3 Specifications

Greetings community | Does anyone know the Slew Rate of the Supernait 3?

I think itā€™s on Naim website?

Please pardon my ignorance, but what is a ā€˜slew rateā€™ and how does that affect the price of wet fish?

1 Like

Slew rate is the rate of change in the price of wet fish over time in response to a step change in the cost of fishing tackle.

14 Likes

Itā€™s the speed the output transistors react.

3 Likes

Well, there we are.

Iā€™ve always wondered, and now I know.

Thank you, kind sir.

1 Like

The slew rate (SR) of an amplifier is the maximum rate of change of voltage at its output . It is expressed in V/S (or, more probably, V/Ī¼s).

So might I be allowed to think of it as something along the lines of the speed at which the electrical signals in the amp are converted to sounds starting and stopping?

Crispness of sound, even?

I will sort of assume that this is correct, as my lawyerā€™s brain wonā€™t let me do much better!

1 Like

Supernait 3 and Totem Forest Signature Speaker compability.: Iā€™m not underestimating the power of the amp nor the current capabilitiesā€¦But does the amp simply have the necessary ā€œmixā€ of power transmission specifications (slew rate is one of these) to get the Totems to come aliveā€¦?

The forests as a speaker are not so different from my own proacs, and with these a supernait 2 is more than up to the job.

3 Likes

Thank you Robert, and everyone. Youā€™ve eased my conscience, somewhat. FWIW, Iā€™ve messaged Naim directly for the specifications.

@Mike_S have these speakers and had a Supernait 2. Could help.

1 Like

I spend most nights awake worrying about this.

1 Like

Yes, I do already have them.

1 Like

Hi Gracie, I have the Forest Signatures and have run them on a Nova, SN2, 252/250 and now a 552/300. They are a very capable speaker and always gave more as I moved up through better amplification (like most speakers I imagine). I do think they are a nice match with the SN3, and you are well set up for any future improvements in amplification. Do you already have them?

2 Likes

Not sure you will be pleased with my response now, because @Mike_S runs them now with 552/300.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve owned the Signatures for three years. I am currently in discussions with a cable manufacturer that is questioning their compatability. Iā€™ve emailed Totem Acoustics for more clarification.

1 Like

There are no compatibility issues between a SN3 and the Forest Signatures, I ran them together for years. The only possible question would be around the speaker cables, but you have NAC A5, which would be perfect.

4 Likes

Thanks Mike _S. My confidence is restored.

2 Likes

@Gracie.1 Iā€™m interested, is it the speaker manufacturer or cable manufacturer who is asking about the Naimā€™s slew rate? Not that my memory or knowledge is at all comprehensive but I cannot recall reading anything about it being a parameter related to compatibility, is there an actual value youā€™re being told would be acceptable?