Supernait 3 with Neat Petite 30 too bright

Maybe try it after turning the speakers upside down, and doing a hand stand, just to check.

1 Like

Maybe I’ll just put socks on the tweeters lol

Yes, in my experience definitely so.

1 Like

Are 25 year old Naca5’s still good?

Yes i’d say so, unless they have oxidised, in which case i would then change them. I seriously would not underestimate the quality of the terminations on NAC A5. Ask a reputable dealer to do a professional job. I would do that first before looking at anything else.

Ok,cool.Thanks

I suspect it’s just how the speakers sound and they’re not to your liking as their presentation is on the bright side, it’s not that there’s anything wrong as such. I’m presuming they have ribbons so maybe they’re not your thing.

1 Like

Maybe,but I’ll give it more time.
And they didn’t sound this lively when I borrowed a pair,they sounded balanced and warm.

Wear a wooly hat for listening, that’ll tame the treble. Good luck with it all, plenty of good tips in the mix hopefully.

I’ve read that Neat speakers take a long time to break-in,so I’ll be patient.

Thanks Mr.M

Yes it’s easy to start thinking one should throw more money at the situation and quite often that is simply not required. Good connection practice is far more important than any of the other stuff, get that right first before looking else where.

If the speaker cables aren’t as they should be then it simply doesn’t how matter good the system is.

Well in that case, assuming nothing in your system has changed and the borrowed speakers were identical, the new ones just need more time

2 Likes

I’ll definitely get those speaker cables terminated properly by an expert at my Naim dealer next week.

2 Likes

But yes,I think they need a little more time to break-in. I’m at around 310 hours.

1 Like

I suggest a change of source and speaker cables

Any suggestions on source and speaker cables to warm up my setup?

I’m located in Canada as well, yes a dedicated line is an excellent idea (just put a 20A dedicated for my dedicated listening space I’m just finishing up) but I doubt it will solve your issue. Something doesn’t seem to be right, I doubt the Neat’s are going to change drastically after already having 300hrs on them (any new speaker I’ve owned has basically been broken in after 10-20hrs). You mention the Dynaudio Special 40’s also sounded bright, don’t specifically recall hearing the special 40’s (though have probably heard them at a show) but in general Dynaudio is not know for bright sounding speakers, typically more on the laid back side. So if they sounded bright, something for sure is up.

1 Like

I forgot to mention that my living room/listening room is open on one side. You think this would add brightness?

Also,how much of a sound improvement would a dedicated ac line bring to my listening pleasure?
20%? 40%? More details? Better bass?