Supernait 3

I used the supplied metal bars when I had my Tab 10’s. I find it very difficult to believe that Proac would go to all the bother of creating these little beauties and then provide a substandard link. If it was good enough for Proac then it was good enough for me

3 Likes

ProAc use biwire terminals because they are very popular in many of their export markets, particularly Japan. It’s generally accepted that replacing the links with cable improves things but an exception to the rule is always possible.

2 Likes

Hi Christopher! Yes, I was thinking about which way I should go…
But then an opportunity arose to buy a Nac272 together with a Nap250dr at a very good price, so I bought them instead. More than happy with this combo and its versatility!

The app is very good, I was concerned about it also but when you consider the bulk of quick listen or music on the go is controlled on your phone then its not the biggest issue in the world. Now if the control app was rubbish that’s a big problem.

Agree. SN3/HiCap DR/NDS/XPS DR. SQ bliss.

I’ve heard the SN3 once and it’s truly a superb amp. However, I wish one thing and that is the phono stage could have interchangeable modules. @anon4489532 is right in that it’s great with a good MM but the facility to swap to a MC would be really useful.

Regards,

Lindsay

6 Likes

Hear hear

I believe Naim have said that they felt it was a bad idea to put a much more sensitive MC phono stage inside an integrated amp.

3 Likes

Another option is to use the onboard mm stage with an S.u.t. (Step up transformer) to give you compatibility with an mc cartridge.

4 Likes

Step up transformer. The phono stage in the SN3 is really good, and I use a retipped Apheta and other MC carts with a SUT.

2 Likes

A Nait 3 could use 323 MC boards FWIW

I believe its more a question of smooth manufacture process, and that the specific market is mostly for people with entry level turntables/MM cartridges, as this is a growing niche.

The NAIT 3 could use NA323S MC boards, but it wasn’t a particular recommendation by Naim as transformer interference could be an issue. It was why Naim offered a mu-metal shielding kit that could be applied to the inside cover, however performance was slightly better if shielding could be avoided if possible.

May I ask which SUT you are using?

It’s a DIY cinemeg transformer based piece. Like a bob’s devices SUT.

thanks

Thanks guys, all of that makes absolute sense.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.