Superuniti amp compared to supernait 2

I’ve never known a Hi Cap (connected/used properly) to not be a noticeable improvement in SQ.

2 Likes

Well, my Supernait 2 finally arrived. Initially, all I could do was look at it because I had to solder up a cable to connect the Superuniti to it. I sold my Linn Unidisk 1.1 about a week earlier; so much for forward thinking, but with high-end CDPs these days, ya kinda have to jump at the sale.
I’ll order a cable from Steve at Sounds Heavenly to replace the one I made because my soldering skills are suspect.

I had initially thought of starting a new thread instead of possibly hi-jacking this one, but the title was so bang-on the topic here. Let me know …

So anyway, at the moment I can only play the SU pre, thru the power amp of the SN2, but there’s still quite a difference in the sound. I can finally connect the Kef Kube for my Kef R107s into the signal path which was impossible with the SU. And the Kube is a neccessity with the R107s.

The improvement in the SQ is immediately noticeable. The LF is more controlled, and the mids and highs are clearer, and yet smoother as well. And the music just has more presence or fullness, or something. Very nice. I’m really looking forward to getting an NDX2 now. I wonder if the wife would notice one of our cars missing? I’d probably run out of plausible explanations after a week or two.

So, for now I’m just listening to iradio and Tidal 44.1 because the Naim App won’t do hi-res, and I haven’t done the computer thing yet, but the Dac in the SU is very good, so I’ll pick up a CD transport to play my CDs. Most likely an Audiolab 6000 CDT. It’s a new unit, which is probably best with CDPs these days, and it’s had excellent reviews when paired with a good Dac. Like pairing a good wine with the right food …

So I’m quite thrilled with the SN2. There’s a slight hum when I’m close to the unit, but no hum in the speakers. While I was connecting it up for the first time, I subbed in my Celestion DL8s in case I did something wrong; and good God man!! … the SN2 amp made them sound fabulous! So of course, my Kefs, and my Polk towers sound even better.

Anyway, the SN2 is highly recommended.
Cheers.

Dave

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.