Superuniti & Tidal Bass

Yes, those are all good options, comes down to box count and budget at the end of the day and knowing where you want to end up. Because I use headphones a lot, the box count can go crazy once you look at a separate pre-amps in the Naim range, maybe one day that will change? Fortunately re-sale and trade-ins are good, otherwise if you plan on a second system you can pass components down the chain, as I did (nova now in the smaller media room/office, were it’s perfect). If you haven’t already, matching a speaker that will go with your plan upgrades will avoid having to revisit that.

At the moment I am using Image 302, nothing special comparing to today’s offerings but they are a little piece of NZ speaker history and our family. Atom kicked them back into life, so I am now interested to see what Naim 80W could do with them. Like you, I might move the Atom to office duty, thinking KEF LS50…and than Nova or NDX2/SN2 in main room.

So grateful for this thread, thank you everybody! I’ve been underwhelmed but the SQ from my Nova and B&Ws for almost a year, I’ve always used Tidal - now I have Bubble up play I have that Naim sound that I was expecting and not hearing!!

Thanks again, using Bubble upnp and Linn Kazoo for tidal playback really does make a difference :-):smiley:

1 Like

I’m not finding Kazoo intuitive. I build a playlist from Tidal and I can’t get the damn thing to play the next track. Very frustrating since I don’t have repeat enabled. Even when I go into the album in Tidal and play the first track it keeps repeating the track rather than going to the next track.

I thought having a Nova meant you already have the parity that allows Tidal to sound like tracks played from a local NAS? I was considering getting a Nova but I won’t be if still have to do this silly work around.

Just use Bubble app. It works well with Bubble server, it’s a few bob for the licence which is needed to remove the restrictions.
Playlists work fine if that’s your thing.

I may have to I can’t for the life of me turn of the track repeat in Kazoo. I can manually advance to the next track but if I leave it be it just repeats. I’ve toggled off and on the repeat track icon and can’t get it to stop. Such a PITA.

And now the stop and play/pause buttons on the Naim remote are causing the tracks in the Tidal playlist to advance. Very weird.

The app will update if you select another track via the remote or button on the player. I never use the remote when playing music.

Ok, so I had RP (iRadio) playing, the Kazoo and Naim apps are closed. I hit the white stop button to turn off the RP stream as I was leaving the house as I’ve done many times before. Only now since I’ve installed the bubble server on my QNAP and the Kazoo app on my ipad, when I hit the stop button it toggles over to my Tidal playlist and plays the next track. This is new to me, never had any issues with the naim remote and naim app interfering with each other. So I guess I can’t use my remote in this contrived configuration. Tidal certainly sounds better now so I guess I get to sacrifice convenience.

I don’t get any of this behaviour. I have Bubble App on my Lenovo tablet, Bubble Server on my RasPi (works same as on a NAS).
I can use the Naim app too should I wish to so and nothing gets confused.

Does the Bubble App work on iOS devices? I may have to try that.

I believe so, yes.

Wondering if the difference was psychological now! I’ll do some a/b tests and feed back

1 Like

I think it’s Android only. I’ve used Kazoo and the Lumin app on iOS, and they have both worked fine.
I wonder if your issue is caused by trying to control things via Kazoo, the Naim app and remote - perhaps this is confusing BubbleUPnP?

My missus and I did some a/b tests and the feed via Bubble won every time over Tidal direct via the Naim app.

1 Like

I close the Naim app before using the Kazoo app and don’t generally use the remote but I might use it for volume control.

And when I go back to the Naim App I make sure the Kazoo app is closed prior to doing so.

I didn’t realize the Naim remote is interacting with Bubble UPnP.

It isn’t. The network player is pushing the information back to whichever app you are using. So if you use the remote to select the next track then the app will then reflect that.
I use a Narcom 5 just for volume, all other music control is via Bubble App on the tablet.

I use a Naim Core with an NDS streamer, I am wondering if this Bubble UPNP has any sound quality benefits for internet radio?
I do not use Tidal or Roon, but do have a Windows laptop on my network I could install it on.

Was able to do some listening and Tidal sure does sound better now. I didn’t think it would be this big of a difference.

My Tidal playlist is all in there when I log in. If I could just get this to play I’d be in heaven. It’s stuck on repeat and I have no idea how to get it off.