Synergistic Research Ethernet Switch

It’s all that really matters to companies selling you this stuff, I thought buffalo were taking the mick but apparently they are just the start of it.

1 Like

Well here’s a naughty pun to cheer you up: sheep always get fleeced…

Well, maybe we could credit just one or two for engaging in deep and painstaking research driven by a fascination with technology and a passionate love of music… :upside_down_face:

Any plans to compare blind?

Any preferred oil to fry, perhaps from a legless reptile?

1 Like

Baking tray in the oven, keep it simple!

100% agree

1 Like

24hrs on no need, but im about to reposition the switch.
The switch comes will a satisfaction guarantee refund.

Will feed back in a few days.

1 Like

How’s it settling in?

5 days in 24/7 run in, overall, transformational level of change, so much hash has been cleared in the background resulting in multiple subtle and not so subtle (bass) layers, backing vocalists as clear as the lead singer.

The air and tension is very emotive and revealing, transforms what I knew about well known tracks.
Lead vocals are now super clear, I thought they were before.

Over 120hrs on, overall the SR Switch is a keeper, the way it unravels the track effortlessly and the air and tension is sublime. I do feel 200hrs is the sweetspot based on prior product run ins.

Oh nearly forgot, now streaming is so far ahead of local it’s embarrassing :flushed: and I was looking just a few months ago at a Naim Core.

3 Likes

That’ll be thanks to the thousands of Cisco switches and Cat 5e that the Tidal/Qobuz streams have been through :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I am surprised that you find online streaming better sounding than local.
Strange.
But congrats for that new switch. SR make very good products. :+1:

Yes odd, as i said prior to the switch impulse purchase i was looking for a Naim Core and start re ripping CDs, same ones on my Innuos Zenith.

Why on earth would you want to re-rip CDs? Unless you didn’t rip them to a lossless format in the first place?

1 Like

I don’t understand why, because your Zenith already rips and store .

No all ripped fine preferred local on the Zenith to Qobuz HiRes, but i guess an itch to improve the local playback.

Before i purchased the Zenith around 4 years ago i was close to buying a Core, i was glad later i did not given its local only and the app was very poor.

Id call the recent Core thought as an itch for better local playback and surely Naim knows best at that.

Apart from maybe some metadata the Core will give exactly the same files. I state this assuming that DSP is not being applied by the Zenith during ripping.

No tried Roon DSP alongtime ago didnt do anything for me, but then i never tried the whole room correction thing.

Nothing to do with Roon, you can add basic DSP directly at the ripping stage with dBpoweramp should you wish to do so. Do the Zenith rips check ok with Accurate rip?