System Pics 2019

Erm… There’s a reason for that, matey. :thinking::laughing:

You’re assuming we haven’t listened to other gear. I think many if not most of us have, certainly before shelling out on Naim prices. Believe me, if I could get the same sound from Onkyo, I’d sell my Naim and pocket the difference in a heartbeat! I buy Naim, because they make me, with their damned excellent engineering!

Excellent post. I also have no desire to search for the never ending nirvana. I have neither the time nor the resources. At some point, it just becomes “good enough”.

I’m in the process of revamping my entire system that was stagnant for the last 25 years. I did the source last year, and just did the speakers a few weeks ago. Now it’s time for the middle stuff.

I only have about 20 years left on this planet also. I hope I have more than 20 minutes also, and have time to complete and enjoy the upgrade.

Hopefully immediately after emailing me so I could do likewise! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ve owned lots of different brands through the years. My first proper hifi was a full stack of 3 series Naim. Then went through Rega, Musical Fidelity, Audiolab, back to an Olive Naim setup, then tried some Primare and now back to a Naim setup. I like the Naim stuff the best. :wink:

Dealer picked up the NDX and dropped off the NDX 2, so a slight change to the system picture for 2019…

and

Synology 8TB DS716+II 2-Bay NAS > Quadraspire Q4EVO Bamboo 3 Shelf Rack > NDX 2 > SuperNait 2 > NAIM Ovator S-400

47 Likes

StoogeMoe-
I’m (almost) certain that their is better sounding equipment out there BUT I’ve also come to realized that taking the “best” from column “A” and then the “best” from column “B” will not create “the best”. Components,cables, etc… form a working synergy. Naim has already (imho) developed lines that work well together and build on that. Nowadays (especially), with limited access to dealers that even carry multiple desirable lines, and stratospheric prices that make experimentation dangerously expensive. I would rather continue with a line and dealer that continues to satisfy. (That is until I win the lottery)
nyeh,nyeh,nyoh sez the three

4 Likes

Beautiful looking room SK, I take it you don’t use the fireplace! what are your first impressions of the NDX2?

Thanks for the kind words, the fireplace has not been use for at least 20+ years.

First impressions are very positive, the soundstage appears larger, clarity or separation of instruments enhanced. Just a few albums into listening and do believe it is a solid upgrade over the NDX. With that said, I need to let the internal excitement settle down of having a new piece of kit and let the music flow for a few weeks… I am looking forward to the journey!

6 Likes

Demo? Or Purchase?

Purchase.

Congrats! From the fine chaps at Hawthorne?

1 Like

Yes, they had the NDX 2 in stock and they were happy to deliver, install and pack up the NDX I traded in and take it with them. If you haven’t been by in awhile stop by and check them out…

The room looks fantastic.:+1:

1 Like

Beautiful setup :+1:

1 Like

Fireplace helps ensure that things are always nicely warmed through!

2 Likes

Great looking system. The space in the wall above the fireplace looks a familiar shape… Perhaps the room was always destined to have naim in it!

2 Likes

Wonderful observation! …I never made the connection.

It would have been a person who could see well into the future, the house was built in 1911.

3 Likes

You really should have a piece of plexiglas cut to size with the naim name in it and have a green light behind it. I never would have made the connection either .

1 Like

I need to post a pic, as after a bit of faffing about with the turntable (got a new arm under warranty), my system in any incarnation has NEVER SOUNDED BETTER. We’re really really enjoying it, and listening to a ton of music. LP’s earlier this evening, then some digital Clapton, and now letting Roon do it’s “Roon radio” thing and playing tracks from my library on its own.

20 Likes