System Pics 2019

Naim SuperUniti, UnitiServe, Marantz Pearl-Lite SACD, Rega RP 8 with Apheta 2 MC, Rothwell Rialto Phonostage, Focal Aria 926, and for nostalgia, an Aiwa F990 cassette deck - I still have all my hundreds of tapes from 30 years or more ago. Not forgetting, Mu-So first gen.

19 Likes

Hi Tobyjug,
The use of OSB was motivated by the principle of the box in the box.

With this achievement, the sound level is lowered by ~ 30db (comfortable for other rooms in the house) :smile:
Wood being an easy material to work with, it was also a choice for simplicity.

And it is convenient to attach other elements like the diffuser panels.

Reading about OSB, There might be concern about having it exposed as such. With formaldehyde gasses given off from the glues.
Still, would help against the ageing of hearing, I guess.

252, Supercap and 555PS back in place after a servicing trip to Darren at Class A. I’ve also taken the opportunity to switch the NDS and 252 over. Everything’s warming up nicely.

19 Likes

Yes, it is the case for europe of what I could read.
In Switzerland OSB complies with health and safety standards.

OSB is better than most composite materials in this respect. I used it to board out my loft for storage for that reason, and having refurbished our house extensively, it is now entirely free of MDF, which tends to have much larger quantities of resin binders which can emit formaldehyde and other nasties. The only exception is my speakers, which hopefully contain it within the veneer and lacquered finish.

That’s a lovely arrangement with the units sitting nicely over a cabinet. I prefer that to a rack tower.

1 Like

Interesting how many of us are gravitating to ACT SCM40’s of both active and passive variety! For my part I’m in the process of placing an order for white ACT SCM40 passives with their C3C center channel speaker.

I guess they’re a sensible size, sensible price, class leading performance at their price point and they team well with naim in terms of sonic philosophy.

J

2 Likes

Thanks, Mike. Yes me too. Can get at the different components more easily.

1 Like

Have these, and love them. Wife loves them as well, for their small size and looks. But yesterday these came in to the family:
They really sound great! Wow!

39 Likes

It is the Kudos X3

2 Likes

What a beautiful room! And lovely new speakers too!

Thank you very much, Spyder!
F

I really like them. They remind me of SBLs. The bass is deep, yet controlled and tuneful. The midband very expressive. Great! My old Iotas are still good, though. I am moving in a month and will have two setups.
F

1 Like

Cherry sounds nice!

1 Like

The new speakers, despite being bigger, seem to suit the room so well! White is obviously the right colour!

When living alone :grin:

43 Likes

I myself is interested in the Neat Iota Xplorer. Thinking to pair it with NDX2 + SN2. How do you think of the Xplorer with your Naim system so far?

I thought the same thing when I saw the new pic too.

11 Likes