System Pics 2019

Interesting to see you have 552DR with 500 unDRed. I have 552/500 unDRed but serviced fairly recently. Very happy with it as it is. What are your thoughts about the 500? Did you DR the 552?

Phil

I got the 552 new - so it was with DR spec, the 500 came without DR spec. At some point in time I will DR it, might now first shoot for 2nd 555PS…, but let’s see if a good opportunity presents itself…

1 Like

Hello Pedropete,
I have the SN2 and SF Cremona Auditor Ms. Can you ell me how far you have the rear ports from your wall? I’m at 37cm and getting terrible room mode bass response. Did you have to work a bit to balance your sound with the Cremonas?
Thanks.

Hi David,
The rear of my speakers are 46cm to the back wall when measuring the closest distance at the top, I’ve found that the Cremonas require a lot of toe in to sound their best and mine cross approx one foot in front of my listening position. This has taken a lot of playing with to get right and I still tweek them from time to time.
My tweeters are 195cm apart and I sit at around the same distance away, possibly a little more.
Hopefully my set up can give you a starting point but every room is different so you’ll have to experiment to see whats best.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer. My imaging is fine and overall sound is fine on good recordings but clearly I have a room that HATES rear-ported speakers. In a fit of frenzied frustration I even pulled them out way over a meter (between wall and rear-port) and basically got the same result. Never had such a problem either with Martin-Logan Quest Z or even the SF Concertino and Concerto. I’m taming all this nastiness with a DSP but I dislike the extra circuitry in my signal. At the same time, it would be a heartbreaker to part with the Cremonas, such a lovely speaker and when on point, can sing along quite nicely.

If your room won’t work with rear ported speakers then get shot of them and get something that works well. They are only speakers, not members of the family.

5 Likes

Fully agree! I do have this pre-mourning period to get over and then they’ll be up for sale. Question will be: what in God’s name to get next?

That’s for a different thread, methinks.

Out of interest, what speaker cable are you using? I used chord signature with the auditors on MF amps and they sounded sweet. When I changed to the SN2 the bass was a bit undefined so I switched to 7m naca5 and it tightened things up considerably.

1 Like

Wow, you finally got a rack!

Gorgeous!!!

Allante93!

PS. I agree with da Big Fish and others, Systems pics is a wonderful display of what our members are sporting, and how they are sporting it!

@ 1250 half way through.

And a turntable but not in that picture

1 Like

You can try inserting foam plugs in the ports. Dynaudio provide plugs on some of their speakers for when speakers are placed near to the wall.

1 Like

Have a look at this thread first if you haven’t come across it already.

1 Like

Hi SJT,

I have the same Blu Ray player as yours, unfortunately it doesn’t support dolby vision :man_shrugging:

:ok_hand:, catching up @ 1575!

No longer just the analog TT and the digital CD, but the holy trinity:

LP 12, CD555, and ND555.

Likewise the Foot Tapper is now a Bluesfan.

Allante93!

1 Like

Old Elac bookshelves gone, Dynaudio X38 in. Blind buy but couldn’t be happier.
Also changed from last year, a new to me Q4 rack. The cables are WitchHat N2. About 90% of the NacA5 performance but so much easier to live with, cosmetically (I own white ones).

10 Likes

I suspect you know this, but in case not, your shelves are both upside down and back to front. Maybe it’s living in Australia…

8 Likes

Dan, you have just been halibutted!

10 Likes

Rosewood or walnut? I have rosewood X14 and think the Tiger striping looks great!

1 Like

I have finally Fraimed my third system, took delivery last week from my Naim dealer, it’s an ex demo combo, Here we have CDX2. DVD5, Nait XS I really like this basic sytem, on certain circumstances in thi room, i prefer this to the 500 one.
I still have 3 spare shelves i will usefor my second system once the second base will arrive.

Regards
ROberto

12 Likes