System Pics 2019

Not really a system pic, but today my home dem Special 40s went back to my dealer and my own pair arrived! Once I’ve got the stands assembled and the speakers placed and run in a bit I’ll post some more pics…

12 Likes

Here’s a photo of my system towards the back end of last year. Jason from Naim visited to repair my speakers, replacing two of the driver bolt retaining things. Everything was checked over and tweaked for top performance.

17 Likes

@TheKevster, Nice one - those S40s are rather good!

Thanks @YetiZone - they are remarkable for their size, and the money. Can’t wait until they’re run in and I can get into some serious listening sessions!

Alfy, your LP 12 looks stunning…with theAro! I particularly like the plint!

5 Likes

I would like to work my way through this “mess”…looks like audio-heaven to me!

Here it is… 272+555 DR+300 DR --> Focal Sopra 2 (Music), fully integrated with home theater via Denon Receiver + Tivo Box + Sony BD + Computer (Youtube, Digital Concert Hall, Web sites, etc) + TV.
I stream around 70% of my music from TIDAL and ripped/download collection. 30% of music-video from you tube and other sites.

14 Likes

That’s a seriously tall stack…! :astonished:
I used to have the same rack, albeit with three shelves for my early venture into the world of hifi, Marantz amp and cd player and Sony cassette deck. It really made a difference in sq over having them sat on to of furniture.

Is that a wolf?

Thanks
Looks even better ( in the flesh)
Built by master Peter Swain

Combining a few threads here. Whisky (and bottom of the glass), Neil Young ( nod to Ragged glory cover) and a system Pic! A Friday night special !

24 Likes

Keep us posted how you get on, these are on my shortlist…

I love that Ercol!

Before this pair arrived today, I lived with a demo pair for a month, and I thought they were by far and away the best speakers I auditioned. So if you’re in the market for a £2,500 pair of speakers, I can unreservedly recommend them. One caveat - they do like to be away from the walls a bit (55cm in my room).

Very nice - I’d love to see them. We had a guitar thread on the old forum for a while; perhaps you can start a new one!

1 Like

Yeah, way too tall really, the Sondek is at eye-level! But it’s out of necessity really, for a number of reasons. It started out as “just a small system for the office” and has got a bit out of hand. Sounds OK though.

Yep! A wild bunch of three! :joy:

Been slowly upgrading my system over 20 odd years, started with 90, 92, cd3.5, two flatcaps and rotel turn table. Over the years had many different naim pre amps, amps, CD players, power supplies and streamers.
But happy with the Olive range and running active into my SBL’s through my 52 and 250’s
Dunc

18 Likes

Dunc - lovely system. What rack is that you’re using ?

NAP 250 DR, NAC 282 + NAPSC, HiCap[DR], Linn LP12, cirkus, Lingo1, Ekos SE , Dynavector DVxx2 Mk2, SuperLine, Z- Plug Deep Cryo, HI Cap, CDS2, XPS, Fraimx2

Rubbish i phone pic just a test to see if i could post a pic :thinking:

7 Likes