System Pics 2019

I am thinking of this option too. Which ones are you planning to go with, HiCAP DR and XPS DR?

Hi Mike
I guess a Supercap and XPS DR would be the way forward.
I better start saving…this may take some time
B

1 Like

1982 LP12 but the rest is a new journey/discovery. New to naim but hooked :slight_smile:

16 Likes

loving the cyrus. shoeboxes rule!

1 Like

Ah, but when two Tribes go to war … :grinning:

2 Likes

New to Naim, I see you are earning your Spurs…

1 Like

Having just added the ATC SCM40’s and C3C centre channel and removed a radiator on the same wall I was in need of a good quality centre channel stand and Custom Design came to the rescue with their just released and rather nice CS 302 stand.

The plan next is to redecorate the room as removing the radiator has exposed undecorated wall and the whole room needs a refresh anyway.

And an updated system pic showing my recently acquired NAC82 and NDX

J

20 Likes

I hope you’re still enjoying your 82 Jonathon. Mine loved its recent service and sounds sublime…as ever :grin::grin::grin:

Enjoy the ATC set up Jonathan.
I just love the white finish, however I was not brave enough to go for this colour choice myself… WAF and all that…

Just curious - don’t the Marshalls affect the sound at all? It used to be said (and still may, for all I know) that when you audition speakers there should be no other speakers in the room, because they will absorb at their natural frequency (and probably multiples of that).

Only one slight effect – no matter what he puts on his turntable, all that comes out is Hendrix.

6 Likes

Grossly under-rated pre-amp, the NAC82…

4 Likes

Since I traded in my NDX for a fairly new used NDS back in January, Ive been saving my pennies to change my XPS2 DR for a 555PS DR.
That time finally came this week when I took delivery of my new power supply.
Out of the box, amazing uplift in detail, it will only improve over the next few weeks Im sure.

Have to say when I set out on my Naim journey with a Uniti I never imagined I would reach this level of system, really excited to start enjoying my ‘new’ system!

The rack with the XPS boxed up and ready to go back:

The 555PS and the Burndies installed, boxes still hanging around:

The ‘new’ system, visually identical, sonically, way improved:

29 Likes

That looks lovely, though I’d put the 555 on the bottom, and do a bit more dusting. To which you will probably say, ‘that would make the burndy hang on the floor’ so I suppose it’s the best compromise.

1 Like

My 555dr sits on the middle shelf so the burndy loops before it hits the floor

Where my system sat until today until my local naim dealer collected it and is going to store it for 10 - 14 days whilst we move…so MusoQb, and Astall Kern it is…

2 Likes

Looks great Chris lovely 3.5 box system.

1 Like

Looks great, great place to be using 4 boxes! I wonder if there would be much difference if the HicapDR was a SupercapDR :joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::thinking:

2 Likes

Don’t start @popeye :joy::rofl:

2 Likes

You have a good eye for dust HH!
Well spotted, it has been properly sorted since then (that was Tuesday).
But yes, you guessed why the 555 sits on that shelf, the Burndies are close enough to the floor as it is.
I do find cable dressing difficult though, good job I’ve only got 3.5 boxes!

1 Like