System Pics 2019

+1 on the Stressless chairs

Downsized and happy …

24 Likes

That looks very classy, I’m thinking of ditching my surround sound and doing the same. :+1:

Thanks Pete, it was not easy giving up the Benchmark DAC and Dynaudio speakers but other than the flaky Naim Android app I’m very pleased so far with the Muso 2.

1 Like

I only use the Apple app and don’t have any problems.

Very elegant, nicely done.

I’m loving that cabinet, where did you get that if you don’t mind me asking?

Fellow MuSo owner, they’re incredibly capable for their size!

Hello SpyderTracks,

That media center is by BDI; the model is the Corridor #8173. My wife said it was worth the price after not hearing one cuss word out of me while wiring the components.

1 Like

Very nice indeed, nice design and finish, ticks all the boxes.

Greetings from Malibu, CA :grinning:
My system before November 9, 2018:

and after the Woolsey Fire:

A long road to “perfection” in front of me…

22 Likes

Cd5xs / naim dac. Supernait
Audiovector sr1 avantgarde arreté.
I want to upgrade supernait, perhaps with hicap dr. Or wait and listen to the new xs3 and connect my flatcap xs.

12 Likes

Great looking set up and room, welcome. :+1:

1 Like

Thank you Pete :+1:

1 Like

Hi @mike33, very nice, simple and elegant. Is that a Samsung Frame TV on the wall?

Is the Linn espek a good partner to naim Electronics ?

1 Like

Is that second shot what survived the fire?

1 Like

No, nothing survived the fire. Actually, the whole community in our little canyon got wiped out. Mayor of Malibu is our neighbor, he stayed behind and tried to save his house. Did not, ended in a hospital, thankfully, with only minor burns and injuries. I helped to save the building where my laboratory was/is, but could not be in two places at once.
Uniti Star + Espeks is in our tiny flat for while rebuilding the house, and NO, I do not believe that Linn Espek is the best fit for Naim Uniti Star. I am not a biggest fan of Linn speakers but Espeks was practically “for free” local pickup so I could not resist… I had to plug bass ports with (black) racketballs, otherwise even when in the middle of the room they pumped out an overwhelming amount of bass.
I am getting used to this set (is this thing called a “burn-in period”? Ha!:no_mouth:) But I am seriously spoiled by SBLs in active mode, more “burn-in” time needed :grinning:

13 Likes

Aw man, my heart goes out to you and your community! I’m glad the music is still playing though!

How long until the rebuild is finished?

4 Likes

I will never complain about the weather were I live ever again after reading what happened to your region. Hope the rebuild goes smoothly!

5 Likes

Sorry to hear this. Thoughts go out to you and your community.

2 Likes