System Pics 2019

Awesome, having a look now. Thanks very much!

Wow, really impressive range they’ve got… think may have to make a few purchases in the foreseeable future!

1 Like

When I set this room up it was to get the best sound I could which would fit in the room. So it may not be the best audiophile room on the planet but it is a room where I can listen to music and not worry about it being perfect. Having said that it does sound rather good to me. I enjoy it very much, that to me is what it is all about.

7 Likes

Very well put.

3 Likes

Thanks for that link, some really cool Artwork, I wonder if they would ship to Canada?

1 Like

How far from the rear wall and what distance apart are your Proac Tablette 10s

Hi Linton, I cannot add anything more to the congratulations you already had form other members on this forum but I have to tell I am always surprised about how many of the records you display are among my favourites one… in this case the score is high, Swordfish, Raincoat, Southern Harmony, the Floyds…a flood of emotions… Respect :smile:
Bye
Alessandro

1 Like

The albums on display are forever changing giving me a different overall picture and feel.

I’ll tell you this evening Charles?

G

1 Like

Epic Twin has been replaced :sunglasses:

3 Likes

14.5cm from rear solid wall & 2.5m apart and 2.75m to listening ears!

G

Hi Varyat … As promised another shot of the plinth … is that an Etna I see on your ebony Harban?

10 Likes

Looks the business :+1::grinning: The transition from light to dark is especially nice.
Yes, Etna Sl to be specific… I also use a DV Xv1-s.
ATB,
Mark

Nice to see a TT2. My first proper turntable :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Ah snap on the Lyra / Dynavector front … I use an XV1-T but ‘only’ a lowly Delos on my other Aro which sits on an Avid Sequel (currently resting pending decision as to whether it has role in my life!). When the time comes i’ll certainly have a look at the Etna, i love the Lyra signature!

I’d be curious on your thoughts on the Javelin too …

how can you compare your Avid Sequel vs the lp12?

The Etna is my first Lyra, I have used primarily Dynavectors for years. Definitely a different sound sig compared to the Xvs-1. More detailed and fluid with exceptional resolution - end game for me. The DV throws off a massive soundstage and has powerful bottom but cannot touch the detail retrieval of the Etna. Your T may do better in comparison…
The Javelin is a great alternative to the discontinued Aro imo. I have a few Aro’s. The deck actually uses an Aro mounting collar with a Javelin arm top- I have a Keel and the full Javelin arm for Keel is not available yet to my knowledge. What you gain with the Javelin is an improved arm tube, improved internal wiring harness and an adjustable main bearing pillar to better adjust overhang on non-Linn cartridges. The pillar fits right into an Aro mounting collar. So it is a bit of a Frankenstein arm atm …
Tiger Paw will hopefully release a full Javelin for Keel at some point.
Well worth an audition if possible for you…

I am still working on a suitable location for my new deck- sitting on top of a Fraim in its’ current position is not ideal.
The Helix 2 takes LP playback to new levels for me- amazing imo.
ATB,
Mark

19 Likes

Nice looking turntable!

1 Like

That TT is a beast! I’d not mind it on top of Fraim.