System Pics 2019

Thanks Richard !

Actually it looks a bit larger in the pic than reality…but it def is a bit larger than a Sondek. Significantly heavier as well. Similarities exist though… belt drive, suspended deck. The designer has fond history setting up LP12’s :grinning:

1 Like

the Doemann helix with the top graham arm costs around 50 k. It’s beautiful also!

2 Likes

That Schröder CB is pure eye candy for me :heart_eyes:

Hi Mark, I’m also keen to hear more about your ARO vs Javelin experience as I’m considering both to potentially upgrade a Roksan Nima. ARO is discontinued as you say, but still pretty freely available, so with that in mind, why else might you consider a Javelin to be the better SQ option ?
Thanks,
Kevin

Thanks for that, I have mine slightly toed in - 15cm and 14cm but only 1.5m apart due to furniture and door constrains and about 1.75 away from my favoured listening position.

1 Like

Kevin,
Yes, Aro’s are out there if you look hard enough. Condition and completeness vary- some of the small bits are often lost. Many would benefit from a fresh wire harness. Naim no longer services Aro’s.
The Javelin is new and can be purchased at will. The armtube is more rigid than Naim’s. The wire harness is Cardas- probably better. The bearing pillar allows for cartridge overhang adjustment- Aro does not. I will rate the Aro as more handsome with its anodized head shell vs the Javelin. You may prefer the lacquered Javelin.
Overall, the Javelin is bit “crisper” in both frequency extremes while maintaining the lovely fluid nature of the Aro. I really do not hear any areas where the Aro is “better”.
However, the nostalgia of the Aro is a real thing as well- it is an iconic design. Simple and effective , beautiful execution of a true uni pivot design.
Ultimately, its your decision . Both are great arms on a LP12.
ATB,
Mark

2 Likes

Thanks Mark. Very helpful. Adding the fact that a Javelin is newly manufactured I guess could also be a factor for me. I need to go and audition them both I guess.
Cheers, Kevin

44 Likes

Yes, but look at the style/shape of the headshell. The Aro is pure elegance, yet the Javelin…:face_vomiting:

IMO, of course.

how the Audio Origami pu7 compares vs aro or javelin?

Classy!

1 Like

Phew - just managed to body swerve a ‘sexy’ :joy:

2 Likes

Well, after many months of deliberation, I finally decided to take the plunge into the world of vinyl. It’s not quite an LP12 but after a morning of trying a few different options with my excellent dealer, he supplied me with an excellent slightly used Rega RP6 fitted with the Ania MC cartridge. This was a real bonus, as I was originally looking at a Rega P2 or P3 package. It’s settling in nicely, but only temporarily sited until I can rearrange the fraim.

23 Likes

Interesting setup Gary - the classic / CB mix looks good. Compasses again ?

2 Likes

Hi James, thanks, yes i rather like the mix. I’ve actually had Compass for last 5-6 years as i sold the last set about 3 years ago because i found another set with later tweeters already fitted and had both sets for a bit.

1 Like

Updated office/media room layout with my second system.

Bit surprised how different and real that record sounds…

21 Likes

Nice office Mike, but do you actually manage to do any work?

4 Likes

Not today :sunglasses:, but it’s relaxing enough to be quite productive when the need arises.

1 Like

Was wondering the same thing…:grinning: #distractions

1 Like