System Pics 2019

you have a turntable now ? good choice ! Which rega model ?

1 Like

I’ve actually had it for over 30 years, it’s an original RP3. I bought it in New Zealand and ran it with an A60, then had it sent to England when I lived there and then brought it back. I had it serviced with a new belt and stylis last year and it sounds great. The old records are a bit crackly though…

2 Likes

Now trying WYWH on the main system:

10 Likes

This is what happened to us a few times along the way - most recently when the 252/SC replaced the SN2. A lot of our music sounded new all over again.

1 Like

Those Totems look great.

1 Like

Thanks, I really love them, they are keepers.

Wow, that’s what I call an office; that’s a great sized room and it looks a pleasure to be in due to the way you have it set up.

2 Likes

So added HiCap DR to the system…now

18 Likes

how neatly done and a pleasant change not to see another fraim stack!

4 Likes

Nicely done and very elegant looking. I love how there are no cables visible, you have thought that through very nicely.

Have you found the HiCAP rounds out the SN nicely to?

2 Likes

To be honest I would love to have a Fraim, but with 2 amazing grandchildren with sticky fingers and an inquisitive mind …best behind a floor standing unit. However I did get a telling off from the wife when i drilled 10 holes in the back of her NEW unit…oops

5 Likes

Hi Mike
All cables do hand nicely behind the back of the unit, and speaker cables are also hidden.
Just got the HiCap yesterday, and its early days, but it does add more clarity, detail, cleaner and amazing sound. Give it a few months to warm up and bed in.

3 Likes

Do you find the glass shelves make a significant improvement, or are they just part of optimising all elements of the system? I ask because my 3 box system sits on built in wooden shelving, and I have room for the glass were I to be convinced it’s worth the outlay.

1 Like

Got advise from the forum and really didnt have an opportunity to trial it before hand. However it does make a BIG difference on the turntable. The glass shelves are available in various shades, I chose green, of course. I paid £60 each and they are toughened glass. along with the Fraim balls and holders, It makes it look like a neat solution. only 2 more to buy over the next few months. I also bought some battery operated light units which I have placed above each shelf and one behind the NDX2, which are switched on my a remote and will switch off after a set amount of time…makes it look very nice, especially at night.
Barry

12 Likes

I’ve gone for a cable free look with glass shelving too:

15 Likes

im just missing one more PSU for the NDX2…slow down man as I am trying to keep up with ya …:rofl:

1 Like

Hi Gary Yes those (via a convoluted route) are still in my lounge. Supposedly a temporary measure but they’ve stayed longer than expected. Chrome Bumper kit still looks just right. The later stuff is great too but the CB is iconic Naim (well to me anyway).

James

3 Likes

@Roog, that’s one beautiful deck :+1:

1 Like

Good to hear they are still doing the right things for you James, just very easy to listen to.

1 Like

I hate it when a woman doesn’t appreciate how much you are helping her! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

How do you access the TT for record changing with that low shelf overhead?