System Pics 2019

AGA replaced my trusty old Parkinson Cowan about 10 years ago. Never could get the hang of those new fangled electric cookers.

köttbullar och rotmos (meatballs & mashed swede or boulettes de viande et purée de racines) tastes much better than Janssons frestelse or Surströmming IMHO - give me a pint of winkles and a pin any day.

2 Likes

Mmmm meatballs!

3 Likes

polish ones are the best.

:hugs::plate_with_cutlery:

3 Likes

we will probably receive some negative comments very soon, like: stay please in the thread!

2 Likes

Forest Green Lunch is easier to make than assembling a Fraim IMO.

7 Likes

more and more tempting all that !

1 Like

Back in the day I used to go Ikea to get my ration of anchovies for the aforesaid Janssons Temptation - a delicacy much admired by Jane Grigson and others.

1 Like

I’m not sure where the connectors are for the cables, which cables to use - gosh, this complicates things immensely!

1 Like

no problems of connection with my stomach, specially the right ones.

You’re lucky, in Switzerland they serve everything in the same plate … Chips, meatballs, salad and Sauce :hushed:

1 Like

System pics, anyone?

3 Likes

@intothevoid as you asked here are a few quick snaps of my system as it stands today!

36 Likes

A little bit of related thread drift is fine, but this is getting silly.

Just seen that Steve saves the day.

Belter of a system Steve, congrats.

7 Likes

Could you explain the various cable supports? What are they? Where from? Impact?

1 Like

Hi @mikehughescq they are Titan Cable Lifts. I started a thread about them as they seemed cheap. There were some negative thoughts so I thought I would buy some to try. Similar principle to any of the ‘plastic’ used in HiFi today in that it isolates quite well. The cost was less than £200 to do the whole system.

Results. Amazing.

1.) My youngest (1.5 years) no longer is interested in the speakers cables as they are lacking the pipe lagging pieces he used to try and eat!

2.) To my ears the system genuinely sounds better. More than you would expect for ⅓ of the cost of a Power Line. I would liken the effect to when I changed from an XPS to and XPS DR on a CDS3

5 Likes

Ikea’s meatballs and lingonberries aren’t bad! I havent had them in many years now.

2 Likes

All that talk of meatballs is reminding me of the huge amount of spaghetti at the back of my system.

Don’t think I will try eating them, no matter how much home made and home grown pasta sauce I can cover them with.

2 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

Thank you. Going to look them up now. Did they lift up any specific elements of the sound?

@mikehughescq I added them to Power Lines and SL Speaker Cable and I felt they made the sound a bit clearer and more enjoyable. The took out a little bit of harshness that I didn’t realise was there. For the small (relative) investment I can definitely recommend them.